By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Remember the Internet's initial reaction to Mario + Rabbids?

I'm one of the odd ones that just love the Rabbids. Their party games on Wii were so much fun. Go Home was also a fun game.
Of course I thought the match up sounded weird at first, but I never once thought that it would be bad "because...Rabbids". The game was phenomenal and I hope it turns into a full fledged series that maybe can crossover with other Nintendo IP in the future (Toon Link anyone?; or a full fledged Donkey Kong one because that expansion was so dang good).

I heard it was on sale for $5 recently. Every Switch owner should give this a go!

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Was on the cautious camp went it was unveiled but later on, gameplay footage, getting my hands on the game and understanding it's behind-the-scenes from a team and director that were truly passionate about this joint project made me understand how a great game can be born in these tough circumstances.

I have not doubt the sequel will build well on those foundations as well.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

IcaroRibeiro said:

In 2017 I was disconnected from gaming world, so I can't remember

However, harder to understand why people bash games they haven't played it's to understand why people who bash the said games end buying them, lack of options? Desire to have more reasons to bash? Masochism?

In this case I would call it Bashoshism because it's done so elegantly and ignorantly.

Leynos said:

I still refuse to play them as I hate Rabbids and it's still not a sequel to Super Mario RPG. Not against the existence of this game but I am let down by every Mario RPG project not a sequel the one game better than all of them. Why not both?

I love Rayman and Rabbids. 

Never gone on to play it do the Rabbids help the experience or would it better if it was all just within the Mario Universe?

Around the Network
Leynos said:

I still refuse to play them as I hate Rabbids and it's still not a sequel to Super Mario RPG. Not against the existence of this game but I am let down by every Mario RPG project not a sequel the one game better than all of them. Why not both?

Bold: you hate it doesn't mean the game is bad, in some ways it's even better than that game. But yeah, who am i kidding? It's futile to talk to a double standard guy like you.

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 15 June 2021

Otter said:

Never gone on to play it do the Rabbids help the experience or would it better if it was all just within the Mario Universe?

The Rabbids are hilarious in this game.

Leynos said:

Some people have been able to accept/appreciate that there have been good Mario RPG games (Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi series) made without the SquareEnix collaboration.  Besides that, Mario vs Rabbids Kingdom Battle is an XCOM style tactical strategy game rather than a straight up Mario RPG anyway.

Every Super Mario RPG, Ranked (According To Metacritic) (gamerant.com)

Here's the Top 5 from this list of 13 games:

5.  Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars – 87

4.  Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door – 87

3.  Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga – 90

2.  Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story – 90

1.  Paper Mario – 93

Always thought Rabbids seemed annoying but watching actual footage of them in action in this game, they were very charming! Definitely won me over!

Last edited by KLAMarine - on 15 June 2021

VGC reaction to the Rabbids + Mario leaks was quite sad. I was practically the only one here saying that this idea had potential. Glad I was right once E3 came around.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together