By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox will catch up to Playstation this generation

Xbox will catch up to playstation this generation

Agree 28 21.21%

Disagree 104 78.79%

Total:132

IDGAF about Gamepass. I took advantage of the $1 deal a couple of times. Sure I kinda liked Recore. Made me discover Ruiner. All that did is get to me buy Ruiner physically. Was not buying a console for Recore. Let the deal expire. Playing games on a service like that feels hollow for me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

It's not gonna happen. I do see it selling better than the X1 and maybe close in on X360 numbers.

curl-6 said:

So let me get this straight; you're posting on a site dedicated to tracking console sales, claiming that comparing the sales of consoles doesn't make sense any more?

Why do I get the feeling that if the sales were reversed you wouldn't be trying so hard to downplay the leading console?

I am posting because i am questioning the comparisons. If people need to find a winner and loser and they think Hardware numbers is everything than obviously i cant change that mentality however that's only a portion of what makes something successful. 

As for your last part, i could care less who sells more in the end, hardware sales mean very little to me. If i wanted to care about console wars and results, the first thing id look at, is the profits.

PS5 will outsell the Series S/X just like how consoles will sell more physical media than on PCs. These comparisons make just as much sense as each other.

In this console industry, their is only Unsuccessful, Successful and more successful, no winners or losers. There is no Gold Cup waiting for the winner of hardware sales especially when not all brands are focusing on the same race.

But if you disagree with what i am saying and think i am derailing, i don't care as much as you actually think i do. Ill let you people continue comparing if it makes you happy.

Azzanation said:

Ill let you people continue comparing if it makes you happy.

I mean, that's like the SOLE PURPOSE of this website. They pretend to do other stuff like reviews of games, but the fact is that comparing hardware sales is the entire point of VGChartz.

So of course, we will compare hardware sales on a hardware sales comparison website.

SKMBlake said:
Azzanation said:

Ill let you people continue comparing if it makes you happy.

I mean, that's like the SOLE PURPOSE of this website. They pretend to do other stuff like reviews of games, but the fact is that comparing hardware sales is the entire point of VGChartz.

So of course, we will compare hardware sales on a hardware sales comparison website.

The site is about many gaming related topics, unfortunately times also change.

If comparing apples to oranges is what you people need, don't let me stop you.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
curl-6 said:

So let me get this straight; you're posting on a site dedicated to tracking console sales, claiming that comparing the sales of consoles doesn't make sense any more?

Why do I get the feeling that if the sales were reversed you wouldn't be trying so hard to downplay the leading console?

I am posting because i am questioning the comparisons. If people need to find a winner and loser and they think Hardware numbers is everything than obviously i cant change that mentality however that's only a portion of what makes something successful. 

As for your last part, i could care less who sells more in the end, hardware sales mean very little to me. If i wanted to care about console wars and results, the first thing id look at, is the profits.

PS5 will outsell the Series S/X just like how consoles will sell more physical media than on PCs. These comparisons make just as much sense as each other.

In this console industry, their is only Unsuccessful, Successful and more successful, no winners or losers. There is no Gold Cup waiting for the winner of hardware sales especially when not all brands are focusing on the same race.

But if you disagree with what i am saying and think i am derailing, i don't care as much as you actually think i do. Ill let you people continue comparing if it makes you happy.

It just seems a bit pointless to participate so extensively in a thread about comparative hardware sales if you think they don't matter. Not only this thread, but this site really are about tracking hardware sales. If none of it matters, why are you even here?

Signalstar said:
eva01beserk said:

So ps now has 3x the games. 

The big question is how many are downloadable. Cuz that's the main issue as a lot of players dont want cloud gaming. 

Every PS4 game is downloadable. According Sony that is over 300 PS4 titles on PS Now. So even by that arbitrary metric PS Now outstrips Game Pass.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-now/

Oof. You're right. Add to that, that most PS2 and PS3 games can still be had these days CIB for under $10. Same goes for a lot of 360 games. Lots of older games can be either bought on Steam/GoG for pennies on the dollar. Same goes for the bulk of Indies older than 3 years old.

Gamepass will bring MS a shitload of money, but won't necessarily help XB sales, it could damage them in favour of PC gaming instead, with the additional benefit of selling more Windows licenses without console HW production costs.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

curl-6 said:

It just seems a bit pointless to participate so extensively in a thread about comparative hardware sales if you think they don't matter. Not only this thread, but this site really are about tracking hardware sales. If none of it matters, why are you even here?

The website offers more than just hardware sales, that's why i am here. Why i am in this thread? To tell people that comparing these brand's hardware sales is pointless now.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Gamepass will bring MS a shitload of money, but won't necessarily help XB sales, it could damage them in favour of PC gaming instead, with the additional benefit of selling more Windows licenses without console HW production costs.

Exactly, If anything, GamePass will move people away from Xbox rather than towards it. Its about gaining more eco-system customers, not just console customers. The goal is that they all add up towards one community in the end creating one huge eco-system. That's why MS want to implement GP on all platforms because selling Xboxes isn't there primary goal anymore.

?THREAD BAN (Permanent): Continued derailment, ignoring mod warnings

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 04 June 2021

Azzanation said:
curl-6 said:

The website offers more than just hardware sales, that's why i am here. Why i am in this thread? To tell people that comparing hardware sales is point now.

Your purpose in the thread seems to be solely to try to downplay and deflect from the fact that PS5 is outselling and almost certainly will continue to outsell the Xbox Series.

Your preferred brand is losing the comparison so you're trying to change the narrative to anything except the topic specified by the OP.