By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown for PS4

Do you have this already

I have on Xbox 360 play online 2 33.33%

I have Xbox 360 do not play online 1 16.67%

I have on PS3 play online 1 16.67%

I have PS3 do not play online 2 33.33%

Total:6

Uh.Do people still believe rumors that ms will buy Sega?

Around the Network

Got Virtua Fighter Final Showdown on the 360 haven't played it since September 8th of 2014 that is when I got all the achievements for it which where pretty easy almost as easy as Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers on the 360. It was my 8th 360 game where I have all the achievements for it.

dx11332sega said:

I play this online not competitively but heres an online match . BTW this my first match online on Xbox One 2020, before PS4 releasing 2021.

Gaming sure has improved since the 360 days.  That game looks quite primitive by today's standards.

It good news to hear VF5. Played the game during PS2 era and loved it.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

I sure want a SWITCH release for virtua fighter. I'd buy whichever comes, all 1 thru 5as long as they'd upscale the resolutions to 720p and use the ARCADE graphics (3D backgrounds, high polygon counts and 60fps etc.).

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Around the Network

I love fighting games but I heard this game is very hard to get good at compare to like Tekken or dead or alive

Pinkie_pie said:

I love fighting games but I heard this game is very hard to get good at compare to like Tekken or dead or alive

Combos and timming is surely a lot harder to get. And no spamming of hadoukens =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

dx11332sega said:
freedquaker said:

I sure want a SWITCH release for virtua fighter. I'd buy whichever comes, all 1 thru 5as long as they'd upscale the resolutions to 720p and use the ARCADE graphics (3D backgrounds, high polygon counts and 60fps etc.).

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown did run on PS3 It's possible also , Check Vanessa menacing stance in the video I posted above I love her.

I sure believe it's possible but whether or not they'd bother porting the games to Switch, a Nintendo console, is another issue. What they may do is to simply port the arcade versions semi-emulation style, which would definitely be possible for VF 1 thru 3 but they would need to make regular ports for 4 and 5 to work properly.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Just a few more days, now. Looking forward to finally hopping online and seeing if my practice has paid off.

Pinkie_pie said:

VF5 is the first fighter I've gotten somewhat serious about and the learning curve honestly wasn't all that bad. YouTube is a big help:

The game's tutorial, dojo, and challenge modes help, too.

Got it, started playing it today and its kinda the bear minimum of what fans could hope for.

While they hyped the visual upgrades, it doesn't look significantly better. I mean it still looks like a 7th gen game. Its baffles me the Xbox 360 release still has the more robust single player experience. I basically just want that with more content.

Its great to see Sega giving the IP attention and putting it on PS Plus is gonna help the series get attention. If you wanna play online, now is a good time to do it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)