By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS vs Ninty's lowest selling console: Xbox vs Wii U

Which is better?

Wii U 46 48.94%

Original Xbox 48 51.06%

Total:94

Of the lowest selling consoles by Nintendo and Microsoft, the Wii U and the original Xbox respectively, which was the better system in your opinion, and why?

Around the Network

WiiU, still think in some ways it is better than Switch.

To be honest, I'm not sure. I liked them both a lot.

You know, I actually don’t know.

You other matchups were clear cut to me, and Xbox easily won against Vita for me, but now it’s pretty difficult. I had fun with the XBox, and it had some good games and some ports of the greatest PC games ever. The WiiU on the other hand was disappointing and definitely Nintendo worst main system. Little on it was ambitious, though it does have Breath of the Wild. WiiU’s bad luck however is that it doesn’t really feel like it’s WiiU’s game; it’s mostly Switch’s.

Since WiiU was Nintendo’s worst while XBox wasn’t Microsoft’s worst, I’ll vote XBox.

This is a close one.

Wii U has Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8. I also enjoyed Super Mario 3D world for what it was. Splatoon, Smash Bros U, and other games were quite good too.

Xbox has Halo, Halo 2, Mechassault, Morrowind, DnD heroes, and many others.

I imagine most people will pick Wii U just because of Zelda Breath of the Wild, but for me Halo 2 was a lot more of a system hit. So I will have to give it to the OG Xbox.

Around the Network
Farsala said:

This is a close one.

Wii U has Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8. I also enjoyed Super Mario 3D world for what it was. Splatoon, Smash Bros U, and other games were quite good too.

Xbox has Halo, Halo 2, Mechassault, Morrowind, DnD heroes, and many others.

I imagine most people will pick Wii U just because of Zelda Breath of the Wild, but for me Halo 2 was a lot more of a system hit. So I will have to give it to the OG Xbox.

Damn, I always forget the WiiU also has BotW, but I already voted for Xbox.

Generally the WiiU had some great games, but just not enough to beat the Xbox with the number of great games.

Besides BotW, Xbox.

Xbox.

* Halo: Combat Evolved.
* Halo 2.
* Fable: The Lost Chapters.
* Conker.
* KOTOR.
* Morrowind.
* Jade Empire.
* Ninja Gaiden.
* Oddworld.
* Chronicles of Riddick.
* Jet Set Radio.

WiiU

* Breath of the Wild.
* Smash.
* Mario Kart.
* Xenoblade.
* Donkey Kong
* New Super Mario Bros U

For me the OG Xbox definitely edges out the WiiU... Because it was a pretty ground breaking box in many ways that defined future console hardware.
* Online Multiplayer.
* Hard Drive storage.

Where-as the WiiU had a relatively gimmicky controller that didn't aid itself much to gameplay. (Not from a lack of trying though!)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I voted Xbox, but that is only because it had Jet Set Radio Future which is a game I loved.

The battle of the giant controllers!

I dislike dual analog controls for shooters, so Halo wouldn't do it for me on any console and I found the games to be overrated when they came to Steam aside from Halo 3 which was surprisingly good.

In terms of their lineups XBox probably has the slightly better lineup objectively, but Nintendo games just appeal to me so much more than what the OG XBox has to offer and I could never get used to the monstrosity which was the first XBox controller. I freaking hate that thing.