By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS vs Ninty's lowest selling console: Xbox vs Wii U

Which is better?

Wii U 46 48.94%

Original Xbox 48 51.06%

Total:94

Both systems mostly sucked while having a few interesting gems. In the end I've actually owned a Wii U though, so I have to give it to that. Maybe if I tried a few of those XBox games I'd change my mind though.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
curl-6 said:

Virtual Boy's not a home console, and as Wman says it wouldn't be a very interesting thread.

Pemalite said:

The big issue with Switch is the fact it's 1st party lineup is dominated by WiiU ports.
I guess that is a testament to how solid allot of WiiU games fundamentally were.

Yeah that's my big problem with the Switch, so much of its library is recycled leftovers I already played on older systems.

They may be great games, but if I already own them then they have zero value to me.

I want more original Switch games on par with the likes of Mario Odyssey, or even Xenoblade 2 and Splatoon 2. I honestly feel like Nintendo hasn't released a genuinely great first party game since 2017. I'm really hoping that changes this year.

Vita wasn't a home console either, and you made a thread comparing it to Xbox because they were both the manufacturer's lowest selling platform.

I'm not out to make a big deal out of this or anything. Just wanted to point out that the Wii U isn't even Nintendo's worst performing hardware of all time.

I'm very aware of the Virtual Boy. Again though, making a thread about Xbox vs Virtual Boy would be pointless as it wouldn't result in a very interesting topic.

Might as well make a thread asking which is better out of PS4 or Vita, or Switch vs Virtual Boy.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 May 2021

I voted for OG Xbox,and let me explain why right after a brief look at my console history...

I own and a (modded) OG Xbox and a (modded) X360.
I also own a (modded) Wii (actually 2 of them) and a (modded) Switch.
In addition, I own 3 PS2s, 2 PS3s, 5 PSPs, 2 Vitas, 3 3DSs as well as android emulation machines.

OG Xbox is simply amazing.

* Its graphics are usually better than PS2 and GC.
* It supports component cable and 720p.
*It has a vast library of third party games.
* I love the Xbox controllers and support for 4 of them.
* I love the ethernet port and simplicity of connection.
* I love the XMBC support.
* I love the HDD support (with mod, you can add 500+ GB drives).
* I love the emulation support (I love thousands of retro games installed).
* It's incredibly easy to find old roms and upload to the Xbox and have a huge library of nostalgic games on demand.

In short OG Xbox is probably my BEST ps2 generation console. WiiU, on the other hand, is a premature version of Switch, which I really enjoy. Don't get me wrong, Nintendo's heart was in the right place with WiiU, but they just couldn't set the formula right with it. So Switch is actually a mature and perfected WiiU.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

freedquaker said:

In short OG Xbox is probably my BEST ps2 generation console.

Yeah, even as a Nintendo fan I'd have to say it takes the 6th gen crown for me too.

The Gamecube had a few great games of its own, but I didn't like the direction a lot of Nintendo's core franchises took on it, where they felt too watered down or gimmicky.

It's a very close call, but at the end of the day I simply got more use out of my Xbox.