By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will GTA V be ported to the PS5/XBox SX?

Tagged games:

Will GTA V be ported to the PS5/XBox SX?

Yes, they won't let the o... 17 89.47%

No, they will finally lea... 2 10.53%

Total:19

Very likely to have it on this gen of consoles with enhanced graphics. Maybe we may have dlc added. Rockstar is not likely to repeat this success on the next gta. Los Santos was simply breath taking with space to roam.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Around the Network

It already will be. The more important questions are...
1. When will GTA VI be announced and when it release? I'm pretty confident it will be on PS5 and Xbox Series S/X since they're still very new.
2. Will GTA V ever be ported to Switch? GTA V was originally released on PS3 and Xbox 360, so it can run on the Switch. The issue is how online dependent the game is for Rockstar's revenue. And we all know how terrible Nintendo Switch Online is.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Yeah why not?

GTA V will continue to sell well, people can't get enough of this game.

Nintendo should release MK8 again for their next console as well. It is free money.

It'll happen, my 1st and only GTA was SA i was made fun of in High School taking 6-8 months on the Train mission (mouse and keyboard) and my best friend from high school kept on talking how he could do it 1st go PS2.

Ka-pi96 said:

heh, I was thinking "wasn't it already announced?" when I saw the thread title, and seeing the first few posts, yes it was.

Yes somebody who name may or may not partly rhyme with Revolution obviously missed the PS5 Games Show launch.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

Considering GTA V is still in the top ten of the best sellers in many regions and that T2 is still making a killing from it, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to re-re-release it for the next gen. However, the PS5 and the XBox S/X are backwards compatible, so pretty much everyone can just take their copy and play it, and also how much better can it play/run/look in comparison to the older versions?

Will we see GTA V ported/remastered to PS5 and the XBox S/X? Or will they let the PS4/XBOne versions be the ones playable on the PS5 and the XBox S/X?

Bonus question: Will we see the PS5 and the XBox S/X versions release before a Switch version?

GTA V  next gen remaster was first announced on 11th june 2020 at the PS5 showcase. obviously you were in the chrysalis stage of evolving from last gen to next gen gamer so missed it.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Crazy that its getting a PS5 port before a Switch one. But anyway....

Rockstar states on its website "GTA V will come to the new consoles"
Since L.A. Noire was released for the Switch among the PS4 and Xbox One, maybe a release for the Switch in the mean time (or the Switch Pro), just as Crash 4 and Tonky Hawk were anounced, can be great