By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America = The main arena of this generation's console war? (Wii vs 360)

Well I think the Americans are shocked about the PS3 price. Europeans aren't shocked about the high price. PS2 was also expensive from them. I think that's the reason why 360 is doing so well in America. The high PS3 price has doubled the sales for 360 in America. Although Europa is smaller I think it reflect ww sales, than America.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
 Examples from VGChartz: Super Mario 64: 6,870,000 Units Sold (highest-selling Mario game in the US since Mario 3) Smash Brothers MeLee: 4,060,000 Units Sold (highest selling GC game in the US) Metroid Prime: 1,920,000 (Highest-selling MP game thus far) Versus: GTA:SA: 9,150,000 Units Sold Halo 2: 6,110,000 Units Sold Madden 07 (X360 version): 1,620,000 Units Sold Now,

Firstly GTA:SA was on the ps2 with a much much larger user base than the 360, so its a given that it sold more.

Mario 64 sold MORE than halo 2. and the difference between the sales of 64/xbox is a lot less than the sales of ps2/360

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

ckmlb, I didn't say that Americans had more individual buying power. Multiply the individual buying power times the pop, and america has more buying power. That, and a large intercontinental nuclear arsenal, is the (one of the) only reason why the Nations of the World still put up with the jingoist arrogance of my great home. (Oh and a veto on the security counsel)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.