By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Recommend me some PS5 games

Alright PlayStation people, I'm back. Thanks to my stimulus check, I finally got the resources to get a PlayStation 5 and I now at last actually have it! My first titles are Astro's Playroom (obviously) and Demon's Souls.

In terms of my personal style, I prize authenticity and creativity. I mostly play indie games, to that end, but have really liked many first-party releases from Sony since Heavy Rain came out in 2010 as well because a lot of them have had the sort of vibe I was just describing, but with AAA-scale budgets. The Last of Us has become pretty much my favorite video game franchise over the years, but as to other first-party titles from the last generation or so, I've also really enjoyed Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, the new God of War, Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy. I also liked Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon Zero Dawn, but would place those on tier 2.

Some games I've seen announced for the PlayStation 5 that I've been most looking forward to include...

Stray
Solar Ash
Goodbye Volcano High
Where the Heart Is
Ghostwire: Tokyo
Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Tier 2 priorities would be:

Haven
Marquette
Jett: The Far Shore
Oddworld: Soulstorm
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West
Deathloop

To my knowledge though, none of these games have yet been released. In the meanwhile, I have Astro's Playroom and Demon's Souls to keep me busy, but may well get bored waiting eventually I's afraid. What would you recommend someone with this sort of sensibility to tide me over? Like what's already available for PS5 that you suspect someone like me might get into?

Around the Network

Didn't you say you recently started dating someone? Invite them over for It Takes Two.

Pre-order right now Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
And play Ghost Of Tshushima and Demon's Soul on PS5, it's wonderful.

Marquette was a fun game and interesting story. It was fairly short a few hours long but I enjoyed it. Miles Morales was again short but fantastic. Immortals Fenxy Rising was a lot of fun. I just started playing through Disco Elysium and so far I'm really enjoying it. I've heard good things about Sackboy especially the two player mode. I don't think I would spend full price on it, but I'll probably pick it up when its $30 or below. The games I'm most looking forward to with release known release dates are Resident Evil Village, Ratchet and Clank, and Kena. If you run out of games to play look at revisiting some PlayStation 4 games, playing them with small load times and in some cases 60 fps improves the playing experience immensely.

Spider Man: the Miles Morales Chronicles Electric Boogaloo Is really fun.

Around the Network

Get PS+ which includes Oddworld: Soulstorm and probably gets additional PS5 games the following months.

I already got the PS5 versions of Bugsnax, Worms Rumble, Maneater, Control: Ultimate Edition, Destruction AllStars, Maquette and Oddworld: Soulstorm due to the subscription.

And you can also download these PS4 games with PS+, some of them PS5 enhanced:
https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps-plus-collection-games-on-ps5

You can also download these PS4 games for free without a subscription:
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/play-at-home-2021-update-10-free-games-to-download-this-spring/

TallSilhouette said:

Didn't you say you recently started dating someone? Invite them over for It Takes Two.

I'd not heard of that game before! I just looked it up and want it right now. Right...now!! I think I will get it right now.

Although I'd prefer a lesbian version for dating purposes...eh, there's too much here to love not to share the experience! Thanks for sharing this.

CloudxTifa said:

Pre-order right now Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
And play Ghost Of Tshushima and Demon's Soul on PS5, it's wonderful.

Well like I said, I already have Demon's Souls (and I'm enjoying it so far!). Will try my copy of Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 though sometime.

rapsuperstar31 said:

Marquette was a fun game and interesting story. It was fairly short a few hours long but I enjoyed it. Miles Morales was again short but fantastic. Immortals Fenxy Rising was a lot of fun. I just started playing through Disco Elysium and so far I'm really enjoying it. I've heard good things about Sackboy especially the two player mode. I don't think I would spend full price on it, but I'll probably pick it up when its $30 or below. The games I'm most looking forward to with release known release dates are Resident Evil Village, Ratchet and Clank, and Kena. If you run out of games to play look at revisiting some PlayStation 4 games, playing them with small load times and in some cases 60 fps improves the playing experience immensely.

Wait, Marqette is already out?? I've been wanting to try that game since I first saw a trailer last year! Game size is usually not an issue for me. I mean like most of my favorite games can be completed in like two to five hours. I'm of the view that scale is not of intrinsic value, but valuable only in as far as it's needed to fulfill a game's purpose for being.

No interest in Spider-Man, Immortals: Fenyx Rising, or Ratchet and Clank, personally. Probably will skip future Resident Evils too. Kena, however, is one I definitely want to play. It stands out from the crowd like a sore thumb. In a good way.

Conina said:

Get PS+ which includes Oddworld: Soulstorm and probably gets additional PS5 games the following months.

I already got the PS5 versions of Bugsnax, Worms Rumble, Maneater, Control: Ultimate Edition, Destruction AllStars, Maquette and Oddworld: Soulstorm due to the subscription.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/play-at-home-2021-update-10-free-games-to-download-this-spring/

Not only Marqette, but Oddworld: Soulstorm is already available too? Well, in addition to It Takes Two, it looks like I've got a whole line-up of titles of interest already available I can look into! Awesome.

Already have the Series X version of Control.

How's Destruction AllStars? I was initially interested in that game myself, but the reviews have given me pause.

Daysgone 

Jaicee said:
Conina said:

Not only Marqette, but Oddworld: Soulstorm is already available too? Well, in addition to It Takes Two, it looks like I've got a whole line-up of titles of interest already available I can look into! Awesome.

Already have the Series X version of Control.

How's Destruction AllStars? I was initially interested in that game myself, but the reviews have given me pause.

Don't expect to still get Bugsnax, Worms Rumble, Maneater, Control: Ultimate Edition, Destruction AllStars and Maquette if you start PS+ now... you could only claim them in the previous months.

Since I don't have a PS5 yet, I'm only claiming the games so far and can't play them yet.

The stimulus check should not have you got a PS5 actually