By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Indie World 14.04.2021

Nintendo shadow-dropped a new Nintendo Indie World presentation yesterday, and, well, looks like everybody missed it. So here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RNkRaNfCp4

Here's a little overview of the games:

Road 96, basically a CMOA in digital form with apparently over 100k ways for the story to unfold, coming 2021

Aerial Knights never yield, a 3D sidescrolling parkour runner game set in a Cyberpunk Detroit, comes in May and has a demo out now.

Annapurna Interactive comes with a couple titles:

• Last Stop, a 3D adventure game with different stories, comes in Juli
  • Hindsight, also a 3D adventure game, but with a more simplistic yet beautiful art style and some kind of time travel mechanic, coming 2021

Olli Olli World, the next OlliOlli game, is a sidescrolling skating roadtrip with some adventure peppered throughout the game, coming this winter

The longing  is an adventure game with a beautiful art style where you need to learn how to pass 400 days worth of time in a cave without a box of scraps, out now

There is no game: Wrong Dimension is a genre-busting game with anything from point&click, 2D Zelda-like to Galaga-like gameplay (with IBM greenscreen graphics to boot), out now

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, an absolute throwback to the NES/SNES Turtles games, coming 2021

Chris Tales, an RPG with an unique art style and a time manipulation mechanic, coming July 20

GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon is a sidescrolling action-adventure with difficult combat, coming only next year

Aztech: Forgotten Gods, a 3D action game that combines God of War style gameplay with a high-tech gauntlet and Aztec gods, coming in Fall

Skul: The Hero Slayer, a 2D rogue-lite action-platformer with swappable heads as abilities, coming in summer

Out of the various quick-bits, Fez and a House of the Dead Remake will come to the switch

Finally, There's a indie game sale on the switch right now

Finally, Finally, there's Oxenfree II: Lost Signals, coming 2021

So, what do you think of this IndieWorld?

Around the Network

Shadow dropped? It was announced a day prior

Why did the girl kept saying Nitendo? Could she not see the second N? This is pre-recorded, Could they not say is Ninteno lets do that again?

Chris Tales still looks gorgeous, and the Ninja Turtles game seems fun. Other than that there was nothing of note.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Yeah, this wasn't shadow-dropped, and it's been discussed in the Club Nintendo thread. I thought it was overall quite a good little show; most games looked interesting to me. One I liked that most haven't mentioned is Road 96, it seems like a Choose Your Own Adventure style game, and I loved those books as a kid. I played and liked Oxenfree, so cool to see it's getting a sequel.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network

Apparently Oxenfree 2 was announced during this. I must have blinked too long because I completely missed it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Apparently Oxenfree 2 was announced during this. I must have blinked too long because I completely missed it.

They did a bit of a "fake out" ending to make it sound like it was over, then did a record scratch sound effect and announced one more thing, which was Oxenfree 2.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Was looking for some Silksong update, maybe a confirmed released date. But there was none of that. Its getting annoying.

kenjab said:
Jumpin said:

They did a bit of a "fake out" ending to make it sound like it was over, then did a record scratch sound effect and announced one more thing, which was Oxenfree 2.

The only reason i watch till the end is because i know those fake outs are very common

Vendrom said:

Shadow dropped? It was announced a day prior

Well, I didn't have much time the day before, and since nobody else made a thread like usual I assumed it got shadow-dropped, my bad