By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Mar 21-27 - Switch Sells Nearly 750,000 as Monster Hunter Launches

AlbiNecroxz said:
SKMBlake said:

I have absolutely no idea on the matter so I'll just ask: is it too expensive to buy NPD data ?

IIRC it was around 10k$ per month. I read this here more than a year ago so I'm probably wrong, but they are expensive.

Not only that, but the actual numbers have to be kept confidential.  So even if the site could afford it, they couldn't publicize the numbers anyway.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network
kenjab said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

IIRC it was around 10k$ per month. I read this here more than a year ago so I'm probably wrong, but they are expensive.

Not only that, but the actual numbers have to be kept confidential.  So even if the site could afford it, they couldn't publicize the numbers anyway.

So you have to pay 10k to know something that you're not allowed to talk about ? That seems to be the worst deal ever.

I thought it was like TV ratings: you can talk about them on your website BUT have to pay for it first.

trunkswd said:
SKMBlake said:

So you have to pay 10k to know something that you're not allowed to talk about ? That seems to be the worst deal ever.

I thought it was like TV ratings: you can talk about them on your website BUT have to pay for it first.

We couldn't come close to being able to afford NPD. More and more video game sales numbers are locked behind a paywall now. The only consistent place we get hardware figures is Japan thanks to Famitsu. Though Spain seems decent of late even if it is behind by a few weeks. Plus we get a rough idea of monthly numbers in the US and UK unless something leaks. 

Yeah I can imagine, and you're still managing to be close enough, so that's okay I guess