By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This guy is making concepts for future consoles...

PS9 will be this

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

Xbox (Gen 1)

Xbox 360 (Gen 2)

Xbox One (Gen 3)

Xbox Series (Gen 4)

shouldn't that thumbnail be xbox 6 not 4 which is already out?

By Microsoft's naming history, who knows.  They could call the next XBox the XBox 2nd Edition for all we know.

Bristow9091 said:

Based on the thumbnails alone, which of these exactly look "really cool"? Because they all look like fuck ugly hideous abominations to me, and I'm not clicking play on any of those videos if it's just more of the same.

You know, I'm starting to think I got a really weird taste in gaming, because I found that Xbox 4 and Playstation 8 pretty neat. xD

I was of the same opinion than the majority here, but I actually saw the videos and I have to say... that they didn't change my mind.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

better than current designs... I like it.

Around the Network

The designs themselves look extremely RGB/tacky.

But the actual quality of the renders themselves is fantastic.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

The designs themselves look extremely RGB/tacky.

But the actual quality of the renders themselves is fantastic.

The problem always comes back to one of design function, incorporating sleek aesthetics into a functional design and price point is what you see missing in most console renders, so this form over functionality bias makes them basically art pieces.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 02 April 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

That PS8 looks absolutely ridiculous.

It could be cool as a sculpture unto itself. But, claiming that it has anything to do with a gaming console is total nonsense.

Looking at the thumbnails it was hideous enough to make me not wanting to open it up.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

These look really cool when you're a kid.

But man that playstation controller looks so uncomfortable, and the design of those things just look incredibly out of place (haha PS5 I know) and just insanely complicated to manufacture without any erganomic/heat dissapating reason.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'