By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I recently watched Asteroid City on blu-ray, I love Wes Anderson movies and he only keeps getting better at his own particular style. It was a treat again. (Though Grand Budapest hotel remains my favorite)

I've been watching ST Strange new worlds on 4K blu-ray, beautifully made and started strong. However the strange new worlds premise seems to be taking a back seat to the soap opera drama with the crew. Star trek always starts slow, season 1 never being a highlight, so I already have my eye out for S2 (coming December 5th)

Other than that, not really into TV anymore. All that seems to be left on Cable are re-runs and reality crap since the writer's strike.
"The WGA went on strike May 2, with the work stoppage reaching its 145th day on Saturday, putting it within two weeks of the longest strike in the union's history, which lasted 154 days in 1988. Many productions had halted even before SAG-AFTRA joined the WGA on strike July 14."

Neighbourhood wars, Court wars, Road wars, it has entertainment value sure, and with Booked first day in added, I'm just glad I don't live in the states lol.Meanwhile Survive the raft is rewriting history and completely lost the plot of its original premise. 90 day fiance is a much better experiment mixing cultures. And Big Brother that once started as a social experiment couldn't be more full of crap. Then there's the toe cringing Bachelor nation that won't go away. My wife is reluctantly watching it now since there's nothing else left. Gold Rush started again, from the beginning lol. They do that every year now, let's recap... It was nice seeing grandpa Schnabel again.

I haven't touched Netflix in a while, I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for months then gave up on it. If my kids stop watching I'll cancel. Maybe switch to Disney+ for a couple months again.

The best thing I saw on TV recently was Doug Ford finally having to reverse course

Democracy still has a chance, but only when people remain vigilant.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

I recently watched Asteroid City on blu-ray, I love Wes Anderson movies and he only keeps getting better at his own particular style. It was a treat again. (Though Grand Budapest hotel remains my favorite)

I've been watching ST Strange new worlds on 4K blu-ray, beautifully made and started strong. However the strange new worlds premise seems to be taking a back seat to the soap opera drama with the crew. Star trek always starts slow, season 1 never being a highlight, so I already have my eye out for S2 (coming December 5th)

Other than that, not really into TV anymore. All that seems to be left on Cable are re-runs and reality crap since the writer's strike.
"The WGA went on strike May 2, with the work stoppage reaching its 145th day on Saturday, putting it within two weeks of the longest strike in the union's history, which lasted 154 days in 1988. Many productions had halted even before SAG-AFTRA joined the WGA on strike July 14."

Neighbourhood wars, Court wars, Road wars, it has entertainment value sure, and with Booked first day in added, I'm just glad I don't live in the states lol.Meanwhile Survive the raft is rewriting history and completely lost the plot of its original premise. 90 day fiance is a much better experiment mixing cultures. And Big Brother that once started as a social experiment couldn't be more full of crap. Then there's the toe cringing Bachelor nation that won't go away. My wife is reluctantly watching it now since there's nothing else left. Gold Rush started again, from the beginning lol. They do that every year now, let's recap... It was nice seeing grandpa Schnabel again.

I haven't touched Netflix in a while, I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for months then gave up on it. If my kids stop watching I'll cancel. Maybe switch to Disney+ for a couple months again.

The best thing I saw on TV recently was Doug Ford finally having to reverse course

Democracy still has a chance, but only when people remain vigilant.

He's still a self-serving piece of shit.

Recently Finished.

• The Legend of Vox Machina Season 2.
  • The Mandalorian Season 3.
  • Shadow and Bone Season 2.
  • Good Omens Season 2.
  • Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2.

Still have a ton of shows to catch up on, Starfield ain't helping.

Going to catch up on some horror stuff in October.

To prep for Castlevania Nocturne I'm gonna watch the first Castlevania show. I already like how it handled Trevor Belmont, Alucard and Death, making them entertainingly snarky.

Been trying to pick up more of the Pixar movies and more of the Disney classics.  

Just watched Elemental, Brave the past few days.

Elemental is up my alley and I really liked it, but it's not without its issues. 

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Elemental is up my alley and I really liked it, but it's not without its issues. 

I was glad to see Elemental get a second lease on life. It's not perfect, but it definitely deserved better than the weak opening it initially received.

I watched Princess Mononoke again last night, still the best movie! Miyazaki is amazing in how he uses total silence as a story mechanic.
Feeling like Castle in the Sky next, been a while since I watched that one.

After finishing TotK I'm in a Ghibli mood, I wonder why :) So many things in BotW and TotK come straight out of Miyazaki's movies

TallSilhouette said:
the-pi-guy said:

I was glad to see Elemental get a second lease on life. It's not perfect, but it definitely deserved better than the weak opening it initially received.

It ended up doing better overseas than in the US from what I've read. Would've done much better if Disney actually marketed it.

Started on One Piece live action yesterday on Netflix. Only one episode so far though.

Was impressed, hopefully the rest of the season is as good.

Also watched a Malayalam Indian film on Netflix (that made its debut yesterday) - per recommendation from my brother in law.

Movie is called "RDX: Robert Dony Xavier".

Great typical Indian Anime style fighting which I love lol.

I watched the movie Lonely Castle in the Mirror

Japanese trailer:

Thought it was really good. 

The trailer spoils so much though.