By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning: MI's been on a hot streak over its last few films and this one looked like it would be just as good. I gotta say, I was really disappointed with this one. The editing is terrible, the shot choices are often just bizarre, the sound design is lacking, the choreography is dull and uninspired, the insufferably long stretches of dry exposition nearly put me to sleep and felt completely out of place, many character decisions were strange and unnecessary, the humor and wit of previous entries was all but gone, the more I think about it the more problems I have with this entry and I don't know what the fuck the critics see in it. About the only redeeming qualities of this one are the setpieces in the third act, and even those were spoiled to hell and back in all the advertising.

Around the Network

I just got back from Oppenheimer and I'm more than happy to report: Christopher Nolan does it again, this movie is epic. Everything, top to bottom was amazing. Cillian Murphy kills it as Oppy, I'd say give the man his Oscar already, his performance was something else and everybody else nailed it as well (Emily Blunt, RDJ and Matt Damon are always great, so that kinda goes without saying). Every single character in this movie feels important with amazing performances, dialog and story beats that take some unexpected turns for good measure. Speaking of which, this movie's 3 hour runtime may be misleading (you read that right) because it sure doesn't feel like 3 hours. You'd think "a 3 hour drama, there's bound to be some scenes that drag, right?" Not Oppenheimer, every second of every scene held my attention and for a 3 hour drama, that really takes a special kind of writing and directing talent to pull off.

I don't give perfect 5/5 scores often (there's probably more movies that deserve 1s or lower than 5s tbh), but this movie deserves it. Go.See.It.Now.

Barbenheimer: I enjoyed Barbie a bit more than I expected to and Oppenheimer a bit less. Both are great films but I'd probably sooner rewatch the former than the latter. It's just the more fun and brisk experience of the two.

Everybody Loves Raymond. Makes me miss Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle all over again. :(

Since June 19th till now I've watched and finished the following.....

Movies
-Pokemon Detective Pikachu (Prime Video)
-World's Best (Disney+)
-M3GAN (Prime Video)
-The Terminator (MAX)
-The Princess and the Frog (Disney+)
-Wreck it Ralph (Disney+)

Anime
-A Galaxy Next Door
-Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2
-Bungo Stray Dogs Season 1
-Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Swordsmith Village Arc
-Jujutsu Kaisen 0
-KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World
-Mashle: Magic and Muscle
-Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury - Part II
-My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999
-Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season - Guardian Fitz
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
-Otaku Elf
-Pokemon Movie 9 Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
-Pokemon Advanced
-Pokemon: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon
-Pokemon: Pikachu's Island Adventure
-Pokemon: Pikachu's Ghost Carnival
-Pokemon: Pikachu's Summer Festival
-Rokudo's Bad Girls
-TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You 2nd Season

Also I cancelled my subscription to Max (HBO Max) and have subbed to Netflix for the first time so gonna be watching some shows/movies/anime there soon as well. (My family wanted to watch Netflix's Indian content lol)

I've also started watching Secret Invasion on Disney+

As for my current watching anime....includes 2 Donghua (chinese animation)

Around the Network

The episode of Castle with the gunshot victim who turned out to be a stripper cop.

I binged The Uncanny Counter over the weekend just before the premiere of The Uncanny Counter 2. Much more into it than I was expecting. Genuinely emotional storylines and surprisingly gruesome action. The characters are all so unique yet work together so naturally. Just the right blend of fun and drama.

SpongeBob. Still has good episodes coming out. :)

SpongeBob. Still has good episodes coming out. :)

TallSilhouette said:

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning: MI's been on a hot streak over its last few films and this one looked like it would be just as good. I gotta say, I was really disappointed with this one. The editing is terrible, the shot choices are often just bizarre, the sound design is lacking, the choreography is dull and uninspired, the insufferably long stretches of dry exposition nearly put me to sleep and felt completely out of place, many character decisions were strange and unnecessary, the humor and wit of previous entries was all but gone, the more I think about it the more problems I have with this entry and I don't know what the fuck the critics see in it. About the only redeeming qualities of this one are the setpieces in the third act, and even those were spoiled to hell and back in all the advertising.

I’ve not seen the latest, but I’ve enjoyed every single film in the series to date. Even the John Woo one nerdy types decided to hate. Although, my favourite is the third film, with Davian (Philip Seymour Hoffman). I hate ticking clock film plot mechanics, they’re cheesy and cliche, but interesting writing + Cruise and Hoffman’s acting made the gun to the head countdown one of the  greatest scenes in a spy thriller, ever.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.