By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Well, looks like next gen didn't kill Switch third party support

burninmylight said:
bowserthedog said:

The same type of games that are coming to Switch now will still come to Switch OG.  But more demanding ports will only come to the pro.  Games that wouldn't have run well enough on Switch OG.  So Switch OG won't lose any support. 

How many exclusive games did the PS4 Pro and X1X get?

How many exclusive games did New 3ds get?

Answer:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/games-that-are-exclusive-enhanced-on-the-new-3ds.1177455/

Around the Network
Drakrami said:

lol Switch never had 3rd party support to begin with. 9/10 of the newest big titled games dont come out on the platform.

Bold: Nice joke. Since when old ports weren't 3rd party games?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games_(A%E2%80%93F)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games_(G%E2%80%93P)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games_(Q%E2%80%93Z)

Drakrami said:

lol Switch never had 3rd party support to begin with. 9/10 of the newest big titled games dont come out on the platform.

Someone does not know the textbook definition of "3rd party" it seems.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

HoangNhatAnh said:
burninmylight said:

Answer:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/games-that-are-exclusive-enhanced-on-the-new-3ds.1177455/

What does the 3DS have to do with my question? Did you really go out of your way to look up that article while ignoring it?

burninmylight said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Answer:

What does the 3DS have to do with my question? Did you really go out of your way to look up that article while ignoring it?

"How many exclusive games did the PS4 Pro and X1X get?" this question is more irrelevant to the article.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Answer:

The 3DS and NEW 3DS is more relevant than the PS4 Pro and X1X.  Sony and MS mandated that there be no exclusives for their mid gen refresh, while Nintendo has already proven more than once that they do allow exclusives on theirs.

This is why it was brought up in response to your question, because Nintendo does not operate the same as Sony or MS.

Last edited by Shiken - on 10 March 2021

Shiken said:
burninmylight said:

The 3DS and NEW 3DS is more relevant than the PS4 Pro and X1X.  Sony and MS mandated that there be no exclusives fof their mid gen refresh, while Nintendo has already proven more than once that they do allow exclusives on theirs.

This is why it was brought up in response to your question, because Nintendo does not operate the same as Sony or MS.

Thank you for actually answering instead of flame baiting like the other person. The 3DS family isn't more relevant, because they all prove a point. Sony and MS mandating that there be no exclusives prove a point.

So a bunch of obscure indy titles no one cares about, another indy title that is still relativity obscure that got a physical release, and a port of a Wii game. And SNES virtual console with a bunch of games available on Wii and Wii U VC.

So outside of Xenoblade Chronicles, nothing to see here folks.

HoangNhatAnh said:
burninmylight said:

"How many exclusive games did the PS4 Pro and X1X get?" this question is more irrelevant to the article.

And the article is irrelevant to my question about PS4 and X1, which you still can't seem to acknowledge. I ask Question A, you give me Answer B so you can completely pivot everything around Question B.

How about you just don't quote or reply to me directly since that seems to be a real problem for you?

burninmylight said:
Shiken said:

The 3DS and NEW 3DS is more relevant than the PS4 Pro and X1X.  Sony and MS mandated that there be no exclusives fof their mid gen refresh, while Nintendo has already proven more than once that they do allow exclusives on theirs.

Thank you for actually answering instead of flame baiting like the other person. The 3DS family isn't more relevant, because they all prove a point. Sony and MS mandating that there be no exclusives prove a point.

So a bunch of obscure indy titles no one cares about, another indy title that is still relativity obscure that got a physical release, and a port of a Wii game. And SNES virtual console with a bunch of games available on Wii and Wii U VC.

So outside of Xenoblade Chronicles, nothing to see here folks.

I agree there are better examples.  The GB and GBC for instance had a ton of games that were only playable on the GBC (a refresh of the gameboy).  Then there is the DSi, which also had exclusives that the DS and DS lite could not play despite being a refresh itself.

This is why I said Nintendo has proven that they allow exclusives on their upgrades on more than one occasion.  The 3DS and NEW 3DS just one small example, that just so happens to be the most recent.

burninmylight said:
bowserthedog said:

The same type of games that are coming to Switch now will still come to Switch OG.  But more demanding ports will only come to the pro.  Games that wouldn't have run well enough on Switch OG.  So Switch OG won't lose any support. 

None but its a completely different situation.  3rd party games were built from the ground up to run on the base xbox and ps4. Cross platforms games come to the Switch if they can run on the switch. With a more powerful pro model there will be a huge number of games that can now run on Switch. Sony and Microsoft also had policies against making exclusive games for their pro models which Nintendo has a history of not doing. The 3ds had no such policy.  Nate Drake on restera has already confirmed that there will be 3rd party games that come to the pro model and not the OG switch.