By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Feb 7-13 - Super Mario 3D World Pushes Switch Sales Above 400,000

Puddies said:
mk7sx said:

2021 NSW continues to build its lead over 2020 (+28% YTD) and maintain #1 spot for first 6 weeks.

VGC Q1 record is 07 NDS at 5,424K, followed by 20 NSW 5,119K.  If they can hold up supply till March, MHR might help get it past the 5,500K mark this year.

Can you explain these numbers, please? What do these numbers represent? Sorry for my noobish question, but I dont get the meaning of the numbers.

Each week, I think, are total hardware numbers upto that week for each console. Looking at week six, the Switch has sold 2,399,000 consoles so far roughly this year, for example.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

Switch > all other platforms combined, and the 9th gen consoles finally starting to gather a little momentum.
Xbox Series even outsold PS4 in Europe lulz

about time. 

March 12th

Puddies said:
mk7sx said:

2021 NSW continues to build its lead over 2020 (+28% YTD) and maintain #1 spot for first 6 weeks.

VGC Q1 record is 07 NDS at 5,424K, followed by 20 NSW 5,119K.  If they can hold up supply till March, MHR might help get it past the 5,500K mark this year.

Can you explain these numbers, please? What do these numbers represent? Sorry for my noobish question, but I dont get the meaning of the numbers.

This is the first 6 weeks of YTD sales for each console listed, using VG Chartz numbers (in thousands).

IE, according to VG Chartz, the Switch as sold 2,399K (aka 2.399 million) units through 6 weeks (ending Feb 13 - this thread).  The other columns are the same data for systems listed and their listed years.  At the very top, you can see the final total for each console in that year (ex NDS 07 29.311 million).  

Through six weeks, 2.399 million is the best start ever going by VG Chartz numbers.  The next best is NDS 07 at 2.350 million.  And on and on.

Considering the period, the whole latest gen sells from more than decent, XS, to excellent, NS. Both PS5 and XS could sell more than what Sony and MS can currently produce, NS still very strong and currently untouchable leader, probably 9th gen won't outsell 7th overall, with its three strong home consoles and one stellar and one very good portable, but with NS quite surely going to outsell 3DS and WiiU combined, if both PS5 and XS will do well enough lifetime, this gen will outsell the previous by a healthy margin.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The_Liquid_Laser said:
mk7sx said:

Damn son!  I didn't realize Switch was on track so far to have the best Q1.  2007 DS even had an incredible week 6, but NSW is still a bit ahead overall.  Switch is also way above what it was doing last year at this time.  We all know that the Animal Crossing + COVID boost is coming in March, but this year has Monster Hunter and a stronger software lineup overall.  2021 is definitely going to be another big year.

Hopefully the first year a console crosses 30mil

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Share the article here.

PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Switch Sales Comparison Charts Through February 13 

I think you mixed up the PS5 and Xbox Series numbers.

Jumpin said:

The Xbox Series has a really cool design. So cool I want them just for decoration. It looks like they lifted some design philosophy from Apple.

If aple made the series X it would probably be cylindrical instead of a rectangular cuboid. 

Chicho said:
Jumpin said:

The Xbox Series has a really cool design. So cool I want them just for decoration. It looks like they lifted some design philosophy from Apple.

If aple made the series X it would probably be cylindrical instead of a rectangular cuboid. 

It would also be 3 times more expensive and yet 5 times more successful.

Jules98 said:
Chicho said:

And require a $100 custom Apple power adaptor and a $200 custom Apple HDMI cable, neither of which come bundled with the system.

curl-6 said:
Jules98 said:

And require a $100 custom Apple power adaptor and a $200 custom Apple HDMI cable, neither of which come bundled with the system.

And after all that the performance would be the same but people swear its better. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.