By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New State Of Play This Thursday!

That was not good. Though I wasn't sure what to expect. COVID has really slowed down development on games.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

That was awful. Nothing new. Christ.

Kena looks incredible but not sure there was really a point of this state of play since there were almost zero first party updates. I mean all they had to do was give a Ratchet and Clank demo to make it worth it.

Oh well, 6/10 overall. Not the worst thing ever. Looks like Next gen starts from April.

Nice to get a free PS5 upgrade for FFVII. Definitely a small show over all, though I am excited about Kena and Sifu.

I'm sure they'll have much more in store for us come June.

The opener and closer being on games that came out last year made it feel quite underwhelming. Kena looks beautiful and Sifu and Solar Ash looked neat though so overall it was ok.

Last edited by Norion - on 25 February 2021

Around the Network

If they kept the same show but just started on FFVII and closed on something new, that would be much better. Crash did not deserve any air time.

5/10.
Nice to receive free upgrade for FFVIIR.
Returnal is looking so good but it’s still so underrated for most people.
The other new games look good too.

I’m really understand people waiting for other Big games to be announced/updated.

But I kinda understand Sony since sales are doing fantastic for Ps5, so I don’t think we will see too many big games releasing this year.

Otter said:

If they kept the same show but just started on FFVII and closed on something new, that would be much better. Crash did not deserve any air time.

Yeah. That was kinda my issue. I felt like a lot of content was just updates on games we already knew about. Don't get me wrong, I'll likely get Crash, Returnal, Solar Ash, Kena, and Final Fantasy VII's Yuffie dlc but the show didn't really have much of a wow factor. 

Why is everyone applauding Square Enix for offering a free PS5 upgrade of a PS4 games? It was my understanding that a free PS5 upgrade was the norm for most games. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but am I missing something here?

Hope this means they have a big Spring / Summer show lined up