By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Golf: Super Rush Announced For Switch!

Tagged games:

wombat123 said:

Looks like Camelot put more effort into this than Mario Tennis Aces.

There were a lot of efforts made in Mario Tennis Aces, it even got DLCs, I don't know what you're talking about.

Around the Network

One of my personal highlights of the Direct.

Haven't really played a Mario Golf game at length before, but this one actually looks kinda interesting. I've seen people say it looks bland and basic, but I thought it looked fun.

Ultravolt said:

One of my personal highlights of the Direct.

Haven't really played a Mario Golf game at length before, but this one actually looks kinda interesting. I've seen people say it looks bland and basic, but I thought it looked fun.

Some people don't think games count unless they're 400,000K resolution and have machine guns.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

SKMBlake said:
wombat123 said:

Looks like Camelot put more effort into this than Mario Tennis Aces.

There were a lot of efforts made in Mario Tennis Aces, it even got DLCs, I don't know what you're talking about.

When I say more effort, I'm saying that it looks like it's going to be released in a complete state -- well, more like I hope it will be released in a complete state.

It's so sad to see such a talented JRPG developer turned purely into a Super Mario sports making machine...

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

Nintendo really should bring at least one of these sports titles out a year as there is clearly a love for them from the fans.

Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Mario Strikers
Mario Hoops
Mario & Sonic Olympics (maybe this is pushing it)

My point is that they could have one of these titles every summer. Yeah they are not going to sell 20+ million, but they also are not going to cost the same as a Zelda of 3D Mario to develop.

Look I don't really like soccer, but it's like the most popular sport in the world. Nintendo always gets shafted with last gen/no story mode ports of Fifa. If ANY of these games should be made more frequently then the rest it should be Strikers, yet the last one we had from that was in 2007, 14 years ago. The last Tennis game (prior to Aces 2018) was released in 2015 (3 years after the 3ds one and 3 years before the Switch one). Last golf we had was 2014, 7 years ago. Sonic and Olympics come out roughly every 2 years.

Why they support these other games with far less appeal and NOT Strikers, which is centered around the most popular sport on the planet, confuses me.

Finally a follow up to Mario Golf: Advance Tour on GBA.