By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can't make up my mind about whether to get a Series X and here's why

Considering how long MS is taking in releasing major AAA games, I would wait if I were you. By that time you would be able to get a cheap series S.

Around the Network
Shiken said:
SKMBlake said:

Yeah but game pass games are kinda lame or super old, no point of having a 500$ console to play 6 years old Witcher 3. And game pass costs you 120$ per year, for playing meh games you don't even own, that's a lot of money spend on what doesn't belong to you.

And what's the point of not waiting for game releases ? We have a recent bad example of how bad a game released early can run poorly.

LMAO no dude, gamepass games are not lame.  You must not have been keeping in the loop.  In a two month period, I played over 200 bucks worth of games.  This includes Gears 5 (and Hivebuster DLC), Jedi Fallen Order, Battlefield V, Sea of Thieves, and The Medium.  And there are a number of other games I want to play that I have not gotten to yet.

Seriously saying gamepass games are lame is on the same level of denial people who claims Switch only gets lame games from 3rd parties or Sony only makes interactive movies disguised as games.  But much like they have their opinions, you can have yours (even if it does not line up with the vast majority).

Well I can list you all of the games of Game Pass and tell exactly why it doesn't interest me

SKMBlake said:
Shiken said:

LMAO no dude, gamepass games are not lame.  You must not have been keeping in the loop.  In a two month period, I played over 200 bucks worth of games.  This includes Gears 5 (and Hivebuster DLC), Jedi Fallen Order, Battlefield V, Sea of Thieves, and The Medium.  And there are a number of other games I want to play that I have not gotten to yet.

Seriously saying gamepass games are lame is on the same level of denial people who claims Switch only gets lame games from 3rd parties or Sony only makes interactive movies disguised as games.  But much like they have their opinions, you can have yours (even if it does not line up with the vast majority).

Well I can list you all of the games of Game Pass and tell exactly why it doesn't interest me

That's nice, but your lack of interest =/= objectively lame or super old.  And considering the user asking for advice did not have another console to run a lot of those "super old" games on, I would say that gamepass is an easy and cheap way to catch up on what he missed.  Not to mention he has day 1 access to a lot of newer games coming up, as well as a lot of games that are only a year old or less.

In any case, I am sure he can find something to play with an instant library of over 300 games (which you claim to be able to list off your head).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'm seeing a bunch of comments about you don't care about visuals if you own a Switch. I don't understand those comments at all. I upgraded to PS4 Pro, entered into the Xbox One family with the X, and purchased a Series X for the sake of better performance and visuals. I bought the Switch for exclusives and for the convenience of taking it with me if I choose to. I care about visuals and performance and my Switch.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I'd either just go for a PC or a series X.

I really wouldn't at all treat my Switch or it's next system, as being a PC, let alone expecting it to have absolutely everything under the sun. Just go for either of the two mentioned above and you'll be fine.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

as an owner of both I say go for it. I think both consoles compliment each other well

Shiken said:

Not to mention he has day 1 access to a lot of newer games coming up

Well he can't play Crash 4, Tony Hawk remake, Cyberpunk, Immortal Phenyx, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion, Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Little Nightmares 2 nor Hitman 3 through it, can he ?

Cause when I think "newer games", that's what come into my mind.

SKMBlake said:
Shiken said:

Not to mention he has day 1 access to a lot of newer games coming up

Well he can't play Crash 4, Tony Hawk remake, Cyberpunk, Immortal Phenyx, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion, Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Little Nightmares 2 nor Hitman 3 through it, can he ?

Cause when I think "newer games", that's what come into my mind.

Every game MS publishes will day one, as well as games MS is able to cut a deal with (like The Medium).  Hence why I said "coming up".

On your list I bought Cyberpunk and Valhalla on XSX, and Fenix Rising on Switch.  In no way did that stop me from playing over 200 bucks worth of games for just 30 out of my pocket.  You can still buy new games while taking advantage of gamepass.

You are trying so hard to downplay the service (and failing), and I cannot see why.  It is an amazing value and as more games come day 1 overtime, it will only get better.

If it is not for you, that is fine.  Nothing is for everyone.  But don't act like it is objectively bad, especially when the OP asking for advice on a Series X would benefit greatly from it in particular (based on his post history).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

mjk45 said:

There are alternatives, you simply pester CGI to make you a comp from his old parts, if that fails you make a thread asking for VGChartz
members to post what parts they no longer use and are willing to give away, then with that done you get CGI or Pem to pick out the best match ups.

If that fails I have another plan, you sneak down to Melbourne. while I'll steal a yacht and sail across Bass Strait, and pick you up in Port Melbourne if anyone asks tell them you are waiting for the Ferry to Tasmania but it's broken down and they have sent a yacht, then we depart for South Australia to track down Pemalites house should be easy we just ask around the local fire stations, should take us no more than twenty minutes, how many stations could they have ? once found you break into his house while I keep watch and bingo one great gaming PC easypeasy. now I know you are going to complain about this being far from a simple computer pickup, but the alternatives tracking down CGI in the US and he might shoot us.

PS. PM me if you have any queries, we can't alert the Pem last time I incurred his wrath he cursed me, and to this day I no longer have matching socks.

450 fire stations covering a land area of 983,482 squared kilometers/379,725 square miles.

Have you found socks that match yet?

SKMBlake said:
Shiken said:

That's just you though and not every member of the gaming world. Personal taste and all that.

To the Op. Just wait it out. Things will improve by years end.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Life is short, I wouldn't hold out on great experiences hoping for 5 year late ports. If you can afford a next gen console I would get one. Enjoy the exclusives and ton 3rd party titles available on sale down the road. Also unless you prefer playing everything portable, I would imagine most of these games would play a lot better on Xbox. Once you got an additional console I think you'll also open yourself to more gaming experiences that you otherwise wouldn't of given a chance. Especially if you're in Doom, Witcher, Hellblade etc I think you'll find yourself discovering a lot more games then you've listed