By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can't make up my mind about whether to get a Series X and here's why

KratosLives said:

Just wait another 2years and pick up a series s

That thing won't exist in 2 years. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
ice said:
SKMBlake said:

I don't understand, you're like the 5th person who tell me this.

Like, I thought that the "I" and "me" part was explicit enough to demonstrate it's my opinion

Well, saying Gamepass only has Old/lame games, is just plain false.

Old - MS games release day and date as well as Dozens of indies or deals MS has with 3rd parties 

Lame - This one is subjective, if you mean poorly received, that can be debunked. If you mean games you're not interested in, bet I can find games in gamepass that you've played.

If you can't find something to like on Gamepass, at this point it's on you, especially with the Bethesda deal closing. And for $10-$15 a month, expecting all 3rd party releases day and date isn't rational.

Well, yeah, old games (like the Witcher 3, the Halo collection, the Yakuza collection, etc) or not well received (like the Medium).

You can try to debunk Medium's 71/100 on Metacritic but my point remains.

And the good games doesn't even remain in the catalog.

And the most famous argument over the internet "all MS 1st party will be on it, they have now 23 studios".

- MS 1st party games doesn't mean quality, very far from it

-23 studios but barely any new game yet

I like great adventure games and don't like indie nor FPS, thus I have little interest in current Game Pass games.

SKMBlake said:
ice said:

Well, saying Gamepass only has Old/lame games, is just plain false.

Old - MS games release day and date as well as Dozens of indies or deals MS has with 3rd parties 

Lame - This one is subjective, if you mean poorly received, that can be debunked. If you mean games you're not interested in, bet I can find games in gamepass that you've played.

If you can't find something to like on Gamepass, at this point it's on you, especially with the Bethesda deal closing. And for $10-$15 a month, expecting all 3rd party releases day and date isn't rational.

Well, yeah, old games (like the Witcher 3, the Halo collection, the Yakuza collection, etc) or not well received (like the Medium).

And the most famous argument over the internet "all MS 1st party will be on it, they have now 23 studios".

I like great adventure games and don't like indie nor FPS, thus I have little interest in current Game Pass games.

I wasn't aware that 7/10 = bad.

Have you tried the Medium for yourself or are you just going the sheep route?

Thankfully there are over 18 million people who disagree with your opinion and have subbed to the service, looking forward to your similar downplaying posts when they break 20m and then 25m etc.

Libara said:
SKMBlake said:

I wasn't aware that 7/10 = bad.

Have you tried the Medium for yourself or are you just going the sheep route?

Thankfully there are over 18 million people who disagree with your opinion and have subbed to the service, looking forward to your similar downplaying posts when they break 20m and then 25m etc.

I am one of those 18 million users btw

There are several things to consider here.

The reasons why you want an Xbox Series (listed by how important they seem to be for you based on your post) are 1) Hellblade, 2) Halo Infinite and other potential new releases that suit your taste, and 3) 8th gen games that you missed out.

Since the two main reasons why you want one haven't released yet and it's not easy to get an Xbox Series at this point, I simply wouldn't buy one right now.

That said, Halo Infinite will probably release before Hellblade II and Resident Evil VIIIage will surely release before Halo Infinite, so by the time the new Halo is out, you'll have at least two games that you'd play if you had the console, but still not the one that made you want to buy the system in the first place. So the question then is if those games are enough by themselves to make you buy the console or not. If they aren't, then just forget about this dilemma at the moment and keep waiting untill Hellblade II is out. When that time comes, you might see things clearer...

...or not. If you're still unsure about spending your money on a new console, because you don't know if those games you want to play will end up releasing on Switch or the next Nintendo system, then think if your computer is good enough to play those games or not. If it is, Game Pass could be a great option. If it's not, then ask yourself 1) if playing those specific games on release or soon after release is important to you, 2) if performance plays a big role in your decision-making, and 3) if those aforementioned 8th gen games that you missed out are relevant enough.

If playing games soon matterIf performance mattersIf back catalog mattersTHEN
OOOSeries X
OOXSeries X
OXXSeries S*
XOOSeries X
XXOSeries S* or Game Pass for PC**
XXXkeep waiting

*Taking the all-digital route, of course, which I think you don't want, because you would've explicitly mentioned the Series S in your post if that were the case.

**You'd not necessarily have all the specific past games you'd want to play, but you'd have others that might interest you too.

If, at this point, you just decide to wait, you'll then need to think of how probable is that those games you want to play end up releasing on Switch. The more you wait, the more accurate your speculation will be - but it will never be anything less than that: speculation.

And if, all things considered, you just don't want to keep waiting to see if those games finally make it to Switch or its successor, but you want to minimize the sensation of getting pissed off if they finally do, then just buy a Series S and you'll be almost half pissed off than if you'd bought a Series X.

Or just forget about all of the above and do what your inner self tells you.

I'm mostly a lurker now.