By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Arrives June 11th!

Triple post! Sincerely my apologies hehe.

Last edited by Dahum - on 11 February 2021

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how productive Insomniac has been and therefore how good of an investment they were for Sony? Miles Morales and Rift Apart both within the first year of the PS5? Nice! Oh, and Spider-Man selling 20 million copies? yeah, this was a good partnership.

Given the astronomical prices some companies are paying for developers at the moment- Insomniac was a steal.

$229 million for an efficient 275 person studio with a recent 20 million seller.

R&C will be stocked before the ps5.

Dahum said:

I love Ratchet and Clank and would definitely buy this one when i get a PS5 later this year as i enjoyed the Future games on PS3 and the remake on PS4.

2021 is shaping up for Sony’s exclusives now with Destruction: All Stars in February, Returnal in April 30th and Ratchet and Clank for June 11th.

We just need a release date now for around September for maybe Horizon: Forbidden West and a November release for hopefully either God of War: Ragnarok or Gran Turismo 7 and then it will be one of the strongest first year for any PlayStation console and a contender for PS2’s 2001.

There isn't a game in the R&C series I haven't loved. Even the kinda meh entries like All 4 One and the weird tower defense game were still a tonne of fun even if they weren't particularly groundbreaking or outstanding like the PS2 trilogy and the PS3 games. 

A Crack in Time and Up your Arsenal are among my favourite games of all time. Going Commando and tools of Destruction are also outstandingly great games, while the original and remake are both a tonne of fun. Deadlocked and the small mini games (All 4 One, Quark Squad or whatever, Deadlocked, quest for Booty, and Size Matters) were all fun as well. Few franchises have been this consistently fun and enjoyable and I'm super stoked to see that Rift Apart is going to be one of the first major titles for the PS5 that is made exclusively for the console and utilizes the hardware the best. 

After seeing how purely fun and video-gamey Spider-Man and Miles morales were...yeah. Insomniac is just a great studio with great IPs that have really only flopped when their stuff went multiplatform or Xbox Exclusive. I didn't think sunset Overdrive was bad, but it did quite poorly and Fuse was terrible. 

Point is, Sucker Punch, Guerilla, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, and Bend have all been doing pretty damn well this last generation and before. we got new IPs in Spider-Man (Sorta a new IP), Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of us since 2013, as well as Bloodborne and Dreams. I dunno, I just think it's great how well Sony has been doing this last generation and Insomniac is Emblematic of that success and drive. Can't wait to see what sort of new, fun, original ideas we have this generation. I wanna see a blend of new IP and returning old IP, and companies like Insomniac are exactly what we need to balance big budget open world action games and more toony, stylized, pure-fun games. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
PotentHerbs said:

I hope we get new gameplay footage soon!

No need. Those who love the franchise are already picking it up day 1; might as well let it be fresh and surprising. 

A dedicated SoP for R&C could do wonders for the series, elevating it into 10+ Million territory. 

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Dahum said:

I love Ratchet and Clank and would definitely buy this one when i get a PS5 later this year as i enjoyed the Future games on PS3 and the remake on PS4.

2021 is shaping up for Sony’s exclusives now with Destruction: All Stars in February, Returnal in April 30th and Ratchet and Clank for June 11th.

We just need a release date now for around September for maybe Horizon: Forbidden West and a November release for hopefully either God of War: Ragnarok or Gran Turismo 7 and then it will be one of the strongest first year for any PlayStation console and a contender for PS2’s 2001.

There isn't a game in the R&C series I haven't loved. Even the kinda meh entries like All 4 One and the weird tower defense game were still a tonne of fun even if they weren't particularly groundbreaking or outstanding like the PS2 trilogy and the PS3 games. 

A Crack in Time and Up your Arsenal are among my favourite games of all time. Going Commando and tools of Destruction are also outstandingly great games, while the original and remake are both a tonne of fun. Deadlocked and the small mini games (All 4 One, Quark Squad or whatever, Deadlocked, quest for Booty, and Size Matters) were all fun as well. Few franchises have been this consistently fun and enjoyable and I'm super stoked to see that Rift Apart is going to be one of the first major titles for the PS5 that is made exclusively for the console and utilizes the hardware the best. 

After seeing how purely fun and video-gamey Spider-Man and Miles morales were...yeah. Insomniac is just a great studio with great IPs that have really only flopped when their stuff went multiplatform or Xbox Exclusive. I didn't think sunset Overdrive was bad, but it did quite poorly and Fuse was terrible. 

Point is, Sucker Punch, Guerilla, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, and Bend have all been doing pretty damn well this last generation and before. we got new IPs in Spider-Man (Sorta a new IP), Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of us since 2013, as well as Bloodborne and Dreams. I dunno, I just think it's great how well Sony has been doing this last generation and Insomniac is Emblematic of that success and drive. Can't wait to see what sort of new, fun, original ideas we have this generation. I wanna see a blend of new IP and returning old IP, and companies like Insomniac are exactly what we need to balance big budget open world action games and more toony, stylized, pure-fun games. 

Have you played Into The Nexus by any chance?

wanted to buy it and play it ever since its release in 2013 but haven’t gotten around to it yet!

never played the original trilogy, even tho I bought the remastered one for PS3! Played All 4 One with my nephews and nieces back n 2011 and had a lot of memorable fun with its 4 player strategy.

Sony did amazing during the PS3 era with their exclusives and truly planted the foundation for the success to follow on PS4 era.

very excited for whats to come on PS5 since the best games i’ve ever played were mostly PlayStation exclusives.

Dahum said:
Runa216 said:

Have you played Into The Nexus by any chance?

wanted to buy it and play it ever since its release in 2013 but haven’t gotten around to it yet!

never played the original trilogy, even tho I bought the remastered one for PS3! Played All 4 One with my nephews and nieces back n 2011 and had a lot of memorable fun with its 4 player strategy.

Sony did amazing during the PS3 era with their exclusives and truly planted the foundation for the success to follow on PS4 era.

very excited for whats to come on PS5 since the best games i’ve ever played were mostly PlayStation exclusives.

I did! it was my favourite of the budget titles and I highly recommend it if possible. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

twintail said:
PotentHerbs said:

A dedicated SoP for R&C could do wonders for the series, elevating it into 10+ Million territory. 

If this was cross-platform I could see it.

I think it's too early in the PS5's cycle to generate that level of sales. I also question long term viability (from ppl who will keep it on their radar for when they do finally jump into the PS5).

But R&C becoming a 10 million sales IP would truly be something.

You might have it backwards. Ratchet & Clank will not  make 10 million in sales quickly, but since it'll be a key PS5 game from like 8 months in, it will probably continue to sell slowly but surely throughout. Like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, it didn't come roaring out of the gate but it's such an integral and well-beloved game that it just keeps selling and keeps selling. 

There's a chance Ratchet does something similar on a much lower scale. I still think 10 million is a huge stretch, but 5 million? yeah I think there's a very good chance of it hitting that over time. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

twintail said:

This game looks hot...

Meet Rivet, the mysterious new protagonist in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – PlayStation.Blog

SoP for Thursday!

Fantastic !

Still need to finish nier replicant and have less than a week to do it and it looks like returnal will take a while to beat.

This game looks so good. I've enjoyed the remake and the big releases before it on the PS3. Can't wait for this. Game looks insane.