By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Arrives June 11th!

I have mixed feelings about this one. It looks absolutely gorgeous... But I'm scared that it will make the same mistakes the reboot did. Mainly regarding the story, characters, soundtrack and level design. All of that felt like a step or two back from the original Ratchet and Clank on PS2. But somehow the game was praised by critics and sold really well... So I just hope Insomniac didn't take that feedback to build Rift Apart xD

Around the Network

"PS5 consoles won't be available at our store locations."

I wonder if 7 weeks will fix the shortages, probably not. The shops might still be closed anyway. Oh well, great games stay great.

twintail said:

This game looks hot...

Meet Rivet, the mysterious new protagonist in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – PlayStation.Blog

SoP for Thursday!

This trailer deserves its own thread! Such a great trailer! I'm truly grateful for Returnal and Ratchet & Clank.

After experiencing Astro's Playroom, I don't want to go back to last gen experiences :( and it seems like only the PS5 exclusives are pushing the next gen experience as of right now.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Vodacixi said:

I have mixed feelings about this one. It looks absolutely gorgeous... But I'm scared that it will make the same mistakes the reboot did. Mainly regarding the story, characters, soundtrack and level design. All of that felt like a step or two back from the original Ratchet and Clank on PS2. But somehow the game was praised by critics and sold really well... So I just hope Insomniac didn't take that feedback to build Rift Apart xD

I'm not sure what you're specifically referring to but I do have a slight concern that the game doesn't actually try to evolve the gameplay. I really enjoyed R & C 2016, but it was also pretty safe and standard gameplay wise. 

twintail said:

This game looks hot...

Meet Rivet, the mysterious new protagonist in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – PlayStation.Blog

SoP for Thursday!

Pixar movie levels of production (or atleast not that far off).
They do this artstyle pretty darn well.

Also cudo's to whoever put together this trailer, they did a good job on that too.

Around the Network

I think it will be a great game waiting for me to buy my PS5 and possibly already discounted.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

You can always use a new Ratchet and Clank-game.