By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Drifting issue in PS5 controllers

Apparently some users report problems with drift in the dualsense controller:

https://kotaku.com/ps5-controllers-are-drifting-and-the-repairs-are-a-has-1846233739

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

It's not a defect, it's a feature! SICK DRIFT BRO!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

FFS! Are PS5s still catching on fire? My wife said she read that on evilbook, but maybe just to make me feel better about they're not being available anywhere.

They just don't make analogue sticks like they used to.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Were they ever reliable? Always a matter of time before they start pissing me off

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Were they ever reliable? Always a matter of time before they start pissing me off

I have a PS2 controller that is almost 20 years old now and still works fine.

LurkerJ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

All my analogue controllers are fine despite time and wear, starting from N64 to the 360, and my gamecube controller is the best one to hold up through harsh conditions. I only started having issues with the Joy-cons and it's a freaking experience honestly.

LurkerJ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

My N64 controllers are still fine. PS1 and Saturn controllers are still fine. Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox & Gamecube all still just fine. 360,PS3,PSP,Wii ones are still fine. Vita 3DS, PS4, Wii U, Switch all fine.

I have never had analog sticks go bad on me. Never even had a controller die on me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

LurkerJ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Iv been using a 360 Controller on my PC for more than 10 years and the damn thing refuses to die. I want an excuse to go out and buy the new Series Controller and this controller still works like it was new, and yes i use it almost every day.

I guess it depends on the batch, sometimes you can get a bad batch and some are just super reliable. 

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Yep.