By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 5, 2021 (Jan 25- Jan 31)

Un-fucking-believablel!! Switch numbers are off the “chartz”!! I was expecting it to be below 100K. We still have the Monster Hunter release ahead of us. Damn!!

Around the Network
DitchPlaya said:

Ouch at hardware.

Ouch? Seems like everyone had a great week. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Really was expecting Switch to be down. They are producing so many units now it's nice. PS5 waking up, 25k is actually not bad

xMetroid said:

Really was expecting Switch to be down. They are producing so many units now it's nice. PS5 waking up, 25k is actually not bad

Actually, a lot of Switch models are out of stock

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

AlbiNecroxz said:
xMetroid said:

Actually, a lot of Switch models are out of stock

Yea but like they are still producing enough to sell >100k a week which is insane numbers. 

Around the Network

Switch's sales is normal for console after New-year markets. Simply, sales in January is apparently more than expected.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Consoles with Highest Sales in Japan
1. Nintendo DS (33.01)
2. Gameboy (32.47)
3. Nintendo 3DS (24.64, probably very little movement from here on out)
4. PlayStation 2 (23.18)
5. PlayStation 1 (21.59)
6. PlayStation Portable (20.01)
7. Nintendo Entertainment System (19.35)
8. Nintendo Switch (18.22, so far)

Based on how the Switch is selling, what do you think it's end of year sales will be in Japan, and where do you place lifetime sales in Japan?

Xbox droped almost 1/3.
Seems some xbox buyers from previous weeks got it because ps5 hasnt enough stock available...

badskywalker said:

1. Nintendo DS (33.01)
2. Gameboy (32.47)
4. PlayStation 2 (23.18)
5. PlayStation 1 (21.59)

Based on how the Switch is selling, what do you think it's end of year sales will be in Japan, and where do you place lifetime sales in Japan?

I'm expecting the Switch to have lifetime sales in Japan around ~30Million based off of the current pace its going, making it competitive against the DS and Gameboy.

badskywalker said:

1. Nintendo DS (33.01)
2. Gameboy (32.47)
4. PlayStation 2 (23.18)
5. PlayStation 1 (21.59)

I expect another ~6M year for Switch, so that would put it between PS2 and 3DS at years end.  Lifetime, honestly at this point I expect it to become the highest selling system in Japan all time.  So 33M+.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish