By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumored Zelda Netflix Series Was Real, So Was Star Fox Netflix Series, Both Canned -_-

A claymation Star Fox made by College Humor? If true, the leaker was doing God's work...

Around the Network

Nintendo isn't going to cancel something entirely just because someone talked about it. That would be a massive waste of resources. They could have janked Netflix from the project and moved to a different platform though. 

Article is all nonsense.

In 2015 tho. And we don't know like the actual products, i'm sure it was that great if it got canceled.

If they really greenlighted a claymation SF series, then they really want the series under the ground.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I doubt it'd be cancelled only because it leaked. Anyway, maybe it was for the better

Around the Network

I really worry about the idea of live action Zelda... I think its first go at television since the old animated show should be anime.

1doesnotsimply

There is no way that anybody starts production on a show under a contract that lets Nintendo throw a temper tantrum and pull the rights for some bullshit reason.

There is far more to this story than we are being told and we are being told some misinformation on the reasons why Zelda was canned. A lot of Nintendo stuff has leaked and they did not cancel because of it. More likely Nintendo and Netflix could not agree on some things. Maybe creatively, budget, or whatever.

Last edited by Leynos - on 02 February 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I really don't know how a claymation Star Fox series would work...doing an action series in claymation would be expensive as hell, and it would take forever to produce. The option I would imagine that they would do is ignoring the action aspect and doing a purely humour-based show instead, and on that case, thank God it got cancelled.

Also it feels so random...it would make sense if it was Pikmin, Kirby or Earthbound, but when did the Star Fox franchise had anything with claymation? the closest I can imagine is the puppetry used in commercials, but that is still a very different technique.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

CaptainExplosion said:
noname2200 said:

A claymation Star Fox made by College Humor? If true, the leaker was doing God's work...

Sure, go ahead, take the leaker's side without even thinking about the Zelda series going down too.

Sometimes you have to burn the village down in order to save it.

VAMatt said:

There is no way that anybody starts production on a show under a contract that lets Nintendo throw a temper tantrum and pull the rights for some bullshit reason.

You might be surprised... But in any case, I have to suspect that Connover just flat out misunderstood what was going on here. I wonder if they were just in the pitch phase, and once the leaks happened Nintendo pulled out of the negotiations.