By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best simulators/management games on Switch?

I've heard this Animal Crossing game is quite popular. My daughter has it, she likes it, but she has a friend that obsesses over it.

As for games I've played the closest would be Dragon Quest Builders. It's basically Minecraft with quests and goals. I like it better than Minecraft, but it is still Minecraft as its core.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I've heard this Animal Crossing game is quite popular. My daughter has it, she likes it, but she has a friend that obsesses over it.

As for games I've played the closest would be Dragon Quest Builders. It's basically Minecraft with quests and goals. I like it better than Minecraft, but it is still Minecraft as its core.

Oh yes, I love both DQBs, but I am not sure if it counts as simulation.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Oh yes, I love both DQBs, but I am not sure if it counts as simulation.

Yeah, it is kind of its own category.  It's definitely not a management game, but you can definitely build and design a lot of things like you would in many sim games.  That is why I mentioned it.

I think a Simulation game is any sandbox game designed to simulate either high-level or mundane experiences via gameplay mechanics. There are some exclusions, which include strategy games.

Some examples include Microsoft Flight Simulator, SimCity, the Sims, and Story of Seasons. It would not include games like Minecraft (which is not high-level or mundane) and Crusader Kings (which is a high-level sandbox, but a strategy game). Games like Rune Factory and Stardew Valley are Simulation RPGs; and there are other sub genres like Wrestling simulation games.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 28 January 2021

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.