By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Future Of Nintendo Handhelds

Ok by all accounts the DS still has a couple years left, but lets get some specualtion going. The new Game Boy is gonna have to have some new feature for control that the current DS doesn't, and I wanna know what you think that control system is. Because lets face it, it's not gonna be a DS with Gamecube graphics instead of N64 graphics. That would be Sony's style. So what do you see the new control system being? I personally think it'll be motion controled like the wii.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network

-More advance touch screen.
-Graphics Slightly better than the original xbox or slightly less that wii.
-Motion Controls similar to the Iphone.
-Both screens are touch screens.
That is about it.

if turn the wii into a handheld, then I see the next handheld have some features that the wii has like weather, news, messaging and internet. also more innovation like better touch screen and motion sensing

sc94597 said:
That is about it.

Let's take what we already have, add more of it, revamp the technology, and steal ideas from the compeitition.

Do you work for Sony?

Words Of Wisdom said:
sc94597 said:
That is about it.

Let's take what we already have, add more of it, revamp the technology, and steal ideas from the compeitition.

Do you work for Sony?

How is that copying? The only thing being copied is the motion sensing in the IPhone , and that isn't in direct competition with the DS/PSP. If you say it doesn't matter that it's not in direct competition with the ds/psp then the WII should be considered something that copied the pc. All of these together would make the console anyway. It's not going to revolve around one concept. 

Around the Network

ya, thats not copying, the iPhone is in no competition in the Console Wars...

It will probably have motion controls via the Wii and certainly be BC with the DS.

Other than that, this is Nintendo. They are vastly umpredictable.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

sc94597 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
sc94597 said:
That is about it.

Do you work for Sony?

How is that copying? The only thing being copied is the motion sensing in the IPhone , and that isn't in direct competition with the DS/PSP. If you say it doesn't matter that it's not in direct competition with the ds/psp then the WII should be considered something that copied the pc. All of these together would make the console anyway. It's not going to revolve around one concept. 

Now I'm getting deja vu from when Sony said the PS3 wasn't competing with the Wii.  

Are you sure you don't work for Sony? 

-Graphical capabilities about 2x as powerful as the current PSP (Since the next PSP will likely be 10x as powerful)
-Tilt sensors (this is NOT a copy from Apple)
-Dual touch screens which can have multiple touch points
-Hard drive for storing downloadable stuff.
-Likely some form of miniDisc (GameCube disc 2.0?)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Words Of Wisdom said:
sc94597 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
sc94597 said:
That is about it.

Do you work for Sony?

Now I'm getting deja vu from when Sony said the PS3 wasn't competing with the Wii.

Are you sure you don't work for Sony?

The iphone is meant to be a smart phone not a gaming device. That is like saying consoles are competing with cell phones , because the cell phones have games. I am 14yrs old which means I am unable to work for anybody. Even if I was capable of working for sony I wouldn't , because of the direction they are heading as a company.