By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Gap Charts December 2020 Discussion Thread

badskywalker said:
Norion said:

Europe will be the major region Switch does the worst in but with the mid 30's looking like the minimum it'll do there it'll still do at least quite well in its worst region which says a lot.

When you say worst region I take it in terms of other consoles within that region, as I'd have to agree. As it stands now it looks like the switch could be somewhere in the top 5 for North America, being just 13 million or so out of it, near garunteed top 3 in Japan with a mere 6.5 million behind the 3DS, and top 3 in the rest of the world being about 5 million behind the PSP (10 million vs 15 million). Though the rest of world to me is probably the most unpredictable, as the switch picked up a lot more seam than I was expecting from that reigon last year, selling a little over 5 million should memory stand correct from PAOwerful's thread.

For Japan it's not only near guaranteed but fully guaranteed it beats the 3DS and enters the top 3 at this point since it's now ahead of it launch aligned and the gap will be 2-3 million wide by the end of this year probably. The 3DS was much more popular in Japan than anywhere else but not only is the Switch gonna be even more popular there it'll also be far more popular everywhere else than the 3DS was so it's truly getting its ass kicked by the Switch.