By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 2021 Metacritic Prediction League (all predictions now closed)

Still not sure on a lot of dates but I did see Second Extinction was about to release so i'll throw a prediction out there

Around the Network

I'll drop a 75 for Second Extinction but I thought it is early access so it won't get a score yet.

In fact I'll post a score for everything in case I forget.

Flight Sim- 89

Psychonauts 2- 88

Grounded- 84

Halo Infinite- 92

MechWarrior 5-73

CrossFire X- 80

Hello Neighbour 2- 69

The Gunk- 87

Exomecha- 66

Scorn- 81

The Ascent- 83

Echo Generation- 82

Tunic- 83

Sable- 79

The Last Stop- 78

Twelve Minutes- 75

Warhammer- 77

Shredders- 66

Where are all the 90+ games, Xbox?

⚠️ User was warned for this post.

Last edited by Shadow1980 - on 29 April 2021

Good scores for Flight Simulator 92 with 21 reviews.
Xbox version of the Ascent being demolished at 64 with 15 reviews.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Hopefully FS stays at 92 as I'll be spot on with my prediction :P

Ride The Chariot

Oh wow, I forgot all about making this league, sorry guys. Had meant to give people warnings a few days before each game released to give last chances to get predictions in or change predictions, but I screwed that up. Will try and get the standings updated later tonight, and add Forza Horizon 5 and open predictions on it. 

shikamaru317 said:

Oh wow, I forgot all about making this league, sorry guys. Had meant to give people warnings a few days before each game released to give last chances to get predictions in or change predictions, but I screwed that up. Will try and get the standings updated later tonight, and add Forza Horizon 5 and open predictions on it. 

No problem. I had forgot as well.  Read a post from that sega guy where he mentioned The Ascent was getting review bombed and it made me think of this thread.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Alright I updated the standings with the reviews from MechWarrior 5 and Last Stop, since more than a week has passed for each of them since release. Will update with the scores from The Ascent and Flight Sim after 1 week has passed for them.

Forza Horizon 5 is also now open for predictions.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 30 July 2021

Seems like we all overestimated The Ascent. Currently sitting at a 65 meta on Xbox (vs 74 on PC), and the lowest prediction we got was a 78 from Shaunodon, next lowest was a 79 from me. We also overpredicted on Last Stop, I thought it would review fairly well, since the last game by that dev team, Virginia, got an 80 meta on Xbox One, but Last Stop is currently sitting at meta's between 64 and 71 on various platforms, with a 64 on Xbox.