By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 2021 Metacritic Prediction League (all predictions now closed)

Ryotsu said:

All yellow

Think he was asking for an educated prediction, not what you desperately hope will happen.

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:

Halo Infinite - 92

The Medium - 72

i'll update some of these when more gameplay/trailers come out because rn some of these still have hardly anything known 

Curse you! I wanted to have the most negative The Medium prediction!

Also, optimistic Halo Infinite score. Not overly optimistic per say, we don't really know enough about the title to know what it's reception will be (I have a feeling that the availability of it on Gamepass will also perhaps make some of it's shortcomings a little less damning than prior 343 titles). Out of curiosity though, what made you pick 92? Do you personally think it will be amazing, or just that critics will believe it to be so? That sounds condescending to the game but it's not meant to be lol !

Ryotsu said:

All yellow

Yellow starts at 74 on metacritic, highly unlikely that every single game comes in below 75 meta. Flight Simulator already has a 91 on PC, so unless the Xbox version is extremely buggy and has a terrible control scheme or something, it's pretty much impossible for it to meta below 75. There are several others that are very unlikely to be yellow as well, for instance Warhammer 40K Darktide is by the same studio that did Warhammer Vermintide 2, which got an 83 meta on Xbox One. Halo 4 and 5 got an 87 and an 84, very unlikely that Infinite would be sub-75, especially since they took an extra year to improve the game and fix the graphics and such. Psychonauts 1 got an 88 meta on original Xbox, seems very unlikely that Psychonauts 2 would score below 75.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 26 January 2021

CrossFire X - 74
Flight Sim - 85
Halo Infinite - 90
MechWarrior 5 - 70
Psychonauts 2 - 88
Scorn - 78
The Medium - 76

Psychonauts 2 - 86
Grounded - 76
Flight Simulator - 92
Halo Infinite - 88
The Medium - 74
Echo Generation - 84
Tunic - 84

Ride The Chariot

Around the Network

Medium - 70

Psychonauts 2- 86

Hello Neighbor 2 - 52

Grounded- 77

Flight Sim- 89

Halo Infinite- 83

The Medium- 79

CrossFireX- 74

The Gunk- 67

Exomecha- 62

Scorn- 82

The Ascent- 81

Second Extinction- 66

Warhammer- 73

Last edited by Manlytears - on 26 January 2021

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Also Second Extinction - 46

Ride The Chariot

Psychonauts 2 - 86
Grounded - 78
Flight Simulator - 88
Halo Infinite - 86

The Medium - 74
MechWarrior 5 - 75
CrossFire X - 80
Hello Neighbour 2 - 60
The Gunk - 83
Exomecha - 70
Scorn - 75
The Ascent - 80
Second Extinction - 70
Echo Generation - 76
Tunic - 78
Twelve Minutes - 83
Warhammer 40K: Darktide - 80
Shredders - 70
Sable - 80
The Last Stop - 76

I like the optimism For Infinite, even if Halo hasn’t reached 90 in over a decade (Reach)