By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 2021 Metacritic Prediction League (all predictions now closed)

shikamaru317 said:

Seems like we all overestimated The Ascent. Currently sitting at a 65 meta on Xbox (vs 74 on PC), and the lowest prediction we got was a 78 from Shaunodon, next lowest was a 79 from me. We also overpredicted on Last Stop, I thought it would review fairly well, since the last game by that dev team, Virginia, got an 80 meta on Xbox One, but Last Stop is currently sitting at meta's between 64 and 71 on various platforms, with a 64 on Xbox. 

I've been playing The Ascent on Xbox and think it is okay enough. The PC score is more accurate to the quality of the game than the Xbox score. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

FH5 - 89
The Gunk - 81
Exomecha - 71
Second Extinction - 68
Echo Generation - 78
Twelve Minutes - 80
Shredders - 69
Sable - 78
Last Stop - 77

FH5 - 91
Gunk - 79
Psychonauts 2 - 87
Halo - 90
Crossfire X - 83
Tunic - 76
12 Minutes - 79

Will work on updating the thread with the latest predictions and the results for Flight Sim and The Ascent soon.

FH5 - 89
Halo Infinite - 86
Psychonauts 2 - 79

Around the Network

Halo Infinite: 88
Forza Horizon 5: 91
Psychonauts 2: 80
12 Minutes: 81
Crossfire: 77
Gunk: 70
Scorn: 73

FH5 - 92
Gunk - 76
Psychonauts 2 - 87
Halo - 88
Crossfire X - 78
Tunic - 74
12 Minutes - 82
Scorn-65

Why are people forgetting Age of Empires 4?

Age of Empires 4: 88
Halo Infinite: 88
Forza Horizon 5: 91
The Gunk: 75
Psychonauts 2: 83

Alright, did an update on the thread.

-The standings table has not been updated due to the amount of work involved with reordering it and due to the fact that we have several more games coming soon, so I will update it later this month after I assign points for both 12 Minutes and Psychonauts 2. 12 Minutes has released now and predictions for it are closed, but I will assign points a little later because there are only 7 reviews on Xbox currently.

-I have hidden 2 games in spoiler tags due to the fact that they were both officially delayed till next year. Will give the predictions to whoever ends up running the prediction thread for 2022, and then you guys can change those predictions then if you want to.

-I have added Age of Empires 4, which wasn't confirmed for 2021 back when I made this thread, it is now open to predictions.

-I have added The Artful Escape to help make up for some of the delayed 3rd party exclusives, it is now open for predictions. 

-Psychonauts 2 releases in one week, so get your last chance predictions in soon. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 August 2021

Age of Empires IV: 82