By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Pokemon Snap releases 30th of April, new trailer

Only three and half months away. It's up for preorder now and the digital version will take up 6.8GB.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 January 2021

Around the Network

I am extremely excited for this!

Alright, I was a grump after the first trailer, but I have to admit: this one looked pretty rad.

looks very interesting!! never played snap before, could be better graphically but still looking great

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I will be getting this! Loved snap on both N64 and Wii u VC. I won't be preordering though, as i usually shop around physically for a decent price.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Little bit off put by the 60 dollar price tag. The first game was very fun, but kind of short on the gameplay side. Hopefully, this will be a bit more of a robust package.

I'm really conflicted about supporting this. On the one hand, it looks amazing, and the fact it's not being developed by GameFreak is (sadly) a point in its favour. On the other hand, I still don't want to support the Pokemon Company after the near annualization of the main series and the drop in quality thereafter, good spinoffs can't fix shit what the main series refuses to acknowledge its problems.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

I'm really conflicted about supporting this. On the one hand, it looks amazing, and the fact it's not being developed by GameFreak is (sadly) a point in its favour. On the other hand, I still don't want to support the Pokemon Company after the near annualization of the main series and the drop in quality thereafter, good spinoffs can't fix shit what the main series refuses to acknowledge its problems.

You could always just support the individual games you like and not support the individual games you don't like.

Also, Let's Go was innovative and fun for me. The game after that was Sw/Sh, which was the first normal new Pokemon game we got since Sun/Moon in 2016, three years prior. Let's go was different so it doesn't count as an annualization, nor does Ultra Sun/Moon because they were just enhanced, different perspective stories of Sun/Moon. The DLC also doesn't count as a full game. So if we just get Snap/Remake and Diamomd/Pearl this year, it will be at least two years between Sw/Sh and the next full game, and I suspect we will get a Let's Go game in 2022 and the next full game in 2023 personally, perhaps we ben as a Switch 2 launch title with a decent effort put into it.

Now, that all being said, I do think the quality of Sw/Sh and especially of Sun/Moon was lacking and I do wish they would do better, but then again maybe the simplification has contributed towards sustained success with today's kids.

Perhaps the market is ready for a company to make a Pokemon clone that's aimed at teenagers and adults. Maybe even Nintendo would do it with Level 5 or some NA subsidiary?

Holy crap! That Heracross and Pinsir duking it out! Hope neither got too hurt...

Dulfite said:
Darwinianevolution said:

You could always just support the individual games you like and not support the individual games you don't like.

Also, Let's Go was innovative and fun for me. The game after that was Sw/Sh, which was the first normal new Pokemon game we got since Sun/Moon in 2016, three years prior. Let's go was different so it doesn't count as an annualization, nor does Ultra Sun/Moon because they were just enhanced, different perspective stories of Sun/Moon. The DLC also doesn't count as a full game. So if we just get Snap/Remake and Diamomd/Pearl this year, it will be at least two years between Sw/Sh and the next full game, and I suspect we will get a Let's Go game in 2022 and the next full game in 2023 personally, perhaps we ben as a Switch 2 launch title with a decent effort put into it.

Now, that all being said, I do think the quality of Sw/Sh and especially of Sun/Moon was lacking and I do wish they would do better, but then again maybe the simplification has contributed towards sustained success with today's kids.

Perhaps the market is ready for a company to make a Pokemon clone that's aimed at teenagers and adults. Maybe even Nintendo would do it with Level 5 or some NA subsidiary?

I don't know, I'd still be supporting The Pokemon Co., and considering how difficult it is to effectively boycott a company as popular as them, going half way seems very pointless.

Also, the last couple Digimon games were great, which is honestly a fantastic thing, since Pokemon needs more competition. Also I've heard good things about Nexomon, I really need to try it out.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.