By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch first half 2021

Majora said:

I’ve had SM3DW pre-ordered since announce day and cannot wait for Pokémon Snap! Anything Zelda will be hoovered up in a heartbeat. The switch is genuinely shaping up to be my favourite console of all time.

Same, if they do Botw 2, Gen 4 remake, Metroid Prime 4 justice then it'll def be my favorite. 

I do want to see Nintendo bring back more franchise tho. Feel like in the next few years i want to see them take more risks like Kid Icarus Uprising was or franchises like Mother or Eternal Darkness. I know there is like 0 chances but i feel like the games we are getting rn are the expected except like MP4 ofc.

Around the Network

I’m so far behind on my backlog is that I’m probably ignoring the next 1.5 years, aside from BotW2, unless something remarkable comes out. If they surprise drop Super Mario Galaxy 3, or a port of an old favourite like Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, or Final Fantasy 6, only then will I break my personal new game fast (not including gifts).

This has kind of happened before, it took me the fullPS2 generation to get through all of the SNES/PSX/Dreamcast RPGs I wanted to play. I was still playing Wii games until about the day before Switch came out.

Switch is the most dangerous because no console has had this velocity of games I want to play. The total number might be less than the Wii/DS generation, but a lot of the Switch games are 100+ hours, having a 20+ hour game was rare before the DS/Wii era, and having a 50+ hour game was rare before the Switch (if you don’t count PS3/4 and Wii U, which I don’t since I barely played those consoles).

Last edited by Jumpin - on 15 January 2021

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

I’m so far behind on my backlog is that I’m probably ignoring the next 1.5 years, aside from BotW2, unless something remarkable comes out. If they surprise drop Super Mario Galaxy 3, or a port of an old favourite like Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, or Final Fantasy 6, only then will I break my personal new game fast (not including gifts).

This has kind of happened before, it took me the fullPS2 generation to get through all of the SNES/PSX/Dreamcast RPGs I wanted to play. I was still playing Wii games until about the day before Switch came out.

Switch is the most dangerous because no console has had this velocity of games I want to play. The total number might be less than the Wii/DS generation, but a lot of the Switch games are 100+ hours, having a 20+ hour game was rare before the DS/Wii era, and having a 50+ hour game was rare before the Switch (if you don’t count PS3/4 and Wii U, which I don’t since I barely played those consoles).

Yeah, I feel the same way.  There are so many games that I want to play on the Switch and so little time.  COVID did help somewhat with my backlog, but not enough.  And I'm starting to be very hesitant to start a new RPG game, because they are so long nowadays.

I reckon there will be a new Kirby game this year too

Chrkeller said:

I'm waiting for a surprise zelda collection; twilight, wind and skyward

Don't give them this kind of idea please, I think we have enough with these re-warm at 60€ of games not improved, that we already have on 3 supports without counting the emulation.

Around the Network
zippy said:

I reckon there will be a new Kirby game this year too

I think that's a certainty as well. The Japanese love that little dude. Star Allies came in 2018, Super Kirby Clash in 2019, Kirby Fighters 2 in 2020. Pretty much tells us we will get one this year and I suspect it will be their next full fledged adventure game and not a spinoff.

I wish I could see why people like Kirby games so much but I've never enjoyed them so far lol.

Amnesia said:
Chrkeller said:

I'm waiting for a surprise zelda collection; twilight, wind and skyward

Don't give them this kind of idea please, I think we have enough with these re-warm at 60€ of games not improved, that we already have on 3 supports without counting the emulation.

I mean, if people want to have access to those games on their hybrid device, or if they have never played them before, what's wrong with Nintendo re-releading them like that? 

I hope Silksong will be out first half too...

Dulfite said:
Amnesia said:

I mean, if people want to have access to those games on their hybrid device, or if they have never played them before, what's wrong with Nintendo re-releading them like that? 

There is something wrong in re-editing these 3 games for 60€, like there was something wrong to re-edit Mario 64 at 720p and the same old crap frame rate.

It is not a crime at all, but it is lazy. I have started to be fed up a while ago already that Nintendo is a super expensive brand which basically, from my perspective, just produces 2 or 3 incredible games per decade.

Amnesia said:
Dulfite said:

There is something wrong in re-editing these 3 games for 60€, like there was something wrong to re-edit Mario 64 at 720p and the same old crap frame rate.

It is not a crime at all, but it is lazy. I have started to be fed up a while ago already that Nintendo is a super expensive brand which basically, from my perspective, just produces 2 or 3 incredible games per decade.

In all fairness, you said it yourself; from your perspective. Many millions of people don’t share that perspective and think of Nintendo products as mostly extremely high quality, great value and provide (in some cases) a lifetime of memories and entertainment. I for one would love to have those three games as a package on the switch and loved Super Mario 3D All Stars.