By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last Guardian spiritual successor teased for 2021

Developers of The Last Guardian/SOTC/ICO have teased their new project

Not sure whether in game or concept art though. The rocks in the foreground appear to be 3D and the water reflections looks like it has aliasing artefacts.

Last edited by Otter - on 04 January 2021

Around the Network

Hope it's more Shadow of the Colossus and less Last Guardian

We all know this game will come out 7 years after it is announced, just like the previous game. 2028 looking nice!

Dulfite said:

We all know this game will come out 7 years after it is announced, just like the previous game. 2028 looking nice!

Are we talking about Breath of the Wild, or Bayonetta 3, or Metroid Prime 4, or this game? 

let's not assume that just because their last game took so log to release that this will be the same. We don't want another cyberpunk now do we?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Dulfite said:

Are we talking about Breath of the Wild, or Bayonetta 3, or Metroid Prime 4, or this game? 

Botw was announced 2013 and released 2017. Not close to 7 years.

Metroid Prime 4 announced in 2017. Not 7 years or even close to that yet. Also this has an entirety different studio working on it so it's different.

Bayo 3 announced December 2017, also not close to 7 years or close to it.

Unless those last two games come out in 2024/5 they won't take nearly as long as TLG did.

Dulfite said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Botw was announced 2013 and released 2017. Not close to 7 years.

Metroid Prime 4 announced in 2017. Not 7 years or even close to that yet. Also this has an entirety different studio working on it so it's different.

Bayo 3 announced December 2017, also not close to 7 years or close to it.

Unless those last two games come out in 2024/5 they won't take nearly as long as TLG did.

I meant Breath of the Wild 2 actually, but it was a joke regardless. 

Although ... At the same time ... You know that the game was probably not being worked on during that entire time, right? Like, in a similar way to where we can discount Metroid Prime 4 because it had to restart development midway through the original title, I think there's some leeway for The Last Guardian which was probably on hiatus for a good 2 years at least (in total, not saying those were 2 years in a row they took off), it wasn't even finished on PS3 as well so imagine how much work it took remaking parts of a PS3 game's code for the PS4. 

Also I don't know ... I think Bayonetta 3 will come out this year (or at least hope so), and Metroid Prime 4 will probably be late 2022-2023 at the earliest. For Metroid Prime 4, that's 5.5-6.5 years after it's announcement. Doesn't matter that development restarted, it was announced in 2017, and your criteria was announcements. I'd say that's pretty close to TLG, to be honest.

Hope they'll make great use of the PS6 for this one!

Interested on it. I like all of the previous ueda games.

This reminds me that I still have not played The Last Guardian, but I loved Ico and especially Shadow of the Colossus, so I'm looking forward to this (even if I'm not getting a PS5 anytime soon).