By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 removed from Playstation Store | CDPR working hard to bring it back

sales2099 said:
TonsofPuppies said:

Go easy on him. It's gotta be tough to have fallen for MS's "most powerful console" marketing schtick only to find out that your precious box runs multiplatform games noticeably worse than the "inferior" competitor's box. That sorta thing will keep you up at night.

It’s true, specs don’t lie. You just can’t judge a console by launch titles. The late SDK messed them up in the short term, good thing a generation is several years long. 

@Don you can complain about both. Sony does have the worst refund policy. Now they did this. We lose no face by adapting to the news as it happens. 

I don’t see MS having to do the same thing. The Series X is the best console version you can play. I saw screens where the PS version cant render a 5th of the NPCs as the Series X. It’s a buggy mess, but it’s a amazing game underneath it all. 

*Edited after Warning

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 18 December 2020

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
sales2099 said:

It’s true, specs don’t lie. You just can’t judge a console by launch titles. The late SDK messed them up in the short term, good thing a generation is several years long. 

@Don you can complain about both. Sony does have the worst refund policy. Now they did this. We lose no face by adapting to the news as it happens. 

I don’t see MS having to do the same thing. The Series X is the best console version you can play. I saw screens where the PS version cant render a 5th of the NPCs as the Series X. It’s a buggy mess, but it’s a amazing game underneath it all. 

Considering that MS had an exclusive deal with CD Project about this game, It wouldn’t be a surprise that they made a more polished version for Series X compared to the PS5 version. 

Still, both “next gen” version will release 2021.

....you can’t be serious. That’s quite the leap for a marketing deal. That said, you missed the thread warning, this is off topic. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

JWeinCom said:

Yeah, generally you could only return a game because it's faulty. Because... realistically, Best Buy can't guarantee the quality of every game, nor can Sony. If the game disc was actually faulty and it wouldn't run, then that's something we could send back to the company and they'd reimburse us for.

A few times they'd actually have someone from gaming come and check the game on the PS3 we had in the break room to see if it actually wasn't working. Or, if it was a DS/3ds game I'd generally test in on the floor and be like "Oh see it's working fine! YAY FOR YOU!" And the customer would have to stop bullshitting and be like ... "oh... thanks... but my son/daughter really just didn't like the game". 

In the case of a game like Cyberpunk however, giving a new copy obviously won't solve the issue, so exchanging for a new copy wouldn't work. Since the company admitted the game was unplayable, I'm guessing that they'll basically have to repay Best Buy for any returned copies or risk a lawsuit. If CDProject hadn't already made a public statement, idk what Bestbuy would do. It'd be a rough position.

Having worked on the retail side though... People will try to take advantage. So, if your criteria is that you can return it whenever you like, then you'll get tons of people who play the game, beat it, and two weeks later come in saying "oh the game doesn't work at point x". It may be different with digital copies, but it's hard to manage from a retailer perspective. Like I said at Best Buy, we'd actually sometimes ask what the bug was and try to play that part of the game, but that's not always possible. Unfortunately, shitty customers ruin it for everyone. 

People take advantage of returns everywhere in retail, are gamers a specially evil breed? No doubt plenty try to game the system, but you also turn legitimate costumers away. I never bought a game there again. The place I go to now probably doesn't allow returns either, but it's much nicer than the other store, so thanks for pissing me off :)

I also will not go to radio shack anymore, or the source as it's called now. I needed a new outdoor radio for in the garden while working, so I went to radio shack. It is (was) in the name, but try buying a radio lol. Anyway they came out with some blue-tooth speaker that also had FM radio and antenna. I take it home, try it, no reception. Nothing, static, antenna too weak. It worked a little in some places, nothing where I wanted it. So I bring it back later in the afternoon and I get "How was the party" as if I'm returning it after 'my garden party'. And, well it's a blue tooth speaker, what did you expect. It's not really meant for radio. Why did you sell it to me then... The Source is off my list.

Anyway, Sony's solution, de-list the game, refund without questions.
MS, extendeded refund period until further notice. (Still debating I guess, no doubt waiting to see if people start buying the game to play and refund)
CDPR, you have 3 days to put in a refund request.
Best-Buy, 3 days to return from now.
Steam, ignores your request, 2 hour limit still applies.
GoG, no clue, some say they don't get any answer after asking for a refund. Is the PC version included or only console versions.

What a mess!

mZuzek said:
COKTOE said:

Really? I had no issues with it, and although have become less discriminating over the years, I know that both the PS3 and XB360 versions were well received on their technical merits. Even lauded. A poor comparison. Furthermore, why the shout-out to PS3 specifically when both versions were considered more or less equal? Please state the reasoning behind your post.

Of course I don't know what I'm talking about since I didn't play it on the PS3. But as you say, both versions were more or less equal, I played it on the Xbox 360 and it ran at 20fps pretty much all the time. It was jarring, but it's just how it was back then. But now Cyberpunk running at 20fps is seen as unacceptable despite it being a late gen release like GTA V was.

GTAV on PS3 ran at 20fps? I remember the game playing great on the PS3 at launch. Weird...

In a twist of events, Steam now seems to be the least consumer friendly place

More threads like these keep popping up

Why are refunds being denied?
Steam really should make an exception to the 2 hour policy with this game. It's borderline unplayable for a lot of people, and I spent a lot of the 6 hours I have troubleshooting and restarting. Steam please let me spend my money on games that I can actually play.

I know bro an actual person saw my review submission and still denied it and basically told me to wait for updates wow.

I gave up on it for now. I'm not playing the game in hope of getting a refund later, but for now we're just told to eat dirt.

The game isn't unplayable, but it certainly doesn't feel like what I paid for. For me it also doesn't really run very stable and my save file has already broken once. Can't say I'm very impressed.

Game keeps crashing on my end, Runs poor, and lots of bugs. I basically threw away my money. I hope steam will pull this game from their store. Game is unfinished.

Sony.MS.GOG offering Refunds, STEAM??
Where is the steam refund? SONY/MS/GOG doesn't care you played it for 100h or whatever you can refund it, Steam limit it to 1-2h when this is a special case here where they should allow a refund with no questions asked like SONY/MS/GOG,

2h is absurd when intro/character creation/crashes+restart/check optimization graphic settings and prologue is more than 2h 100%, you don't get to see the stupid ai/problems/etc in the first 2h

Game prologue takes more than 2 hrs. Bugs become more prevalent after the prologue when the world opens up. That is why we need a refund and cant get it yet.

However most of the replies are attacking the people that want a refund. Cyberpunk has turned the Steam forums incredibly toxic. I usually check the FS2020 forums there, night and day difference. (FS2020 has plenty issues as well and also had a very rocky launch, not this rocky though)

Why are refunds being denied

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

In a twist of events, Steam now seems to be the least consumer friendly place

More threads like these keep popping up

Why are refunds being denied?
Steam really should make an exception to the 2 hour policy with this game. It's borderline unplayable for a lot of people, and I spent a lot of the 6 hours I have troubleshooting and restarting. Steam please let me spend my money on games that I can actually play.

I know bro an actual person saw my review submission and still denied it and basically told me to wait for updates wow.

I gave up on it for now. I'm not playing the game in hope of getting a refund later, but for now we're just told to eat dirt.

The game isn't unplayable, but it certainly doesn't feel like what I paid for. For me it also doesn't really run very stable and my save file has already broken once. Can't say I'm very impressed.

Game keeps crashing on my end, Runs poor, and lots of bugs. I basically threw away my money. I hope steam will pull this game from their store. Game is unfinished.

Sony.MS.GOG offering Refunds, STEAM??
Where is the steam refund? SONY/MS/GOG doesn't care you played it for 100h or whatever you can refund it, Steam limit it to 1-2h when this is a special case here where they should allow a refund with no questions asked like SONY/MS/GOG,

2h is absurd when intro/character creation/crashes+restart/check optimization graphic settings and prologue is more than 2h 100%, you don't get to see the stupid ai/problems/etc in the first 2h

Game prologue takes more than 2 hrs. Bugs become more prevalent after the prologue when the world opens up. That is why we need a refund and cant get it yet.

However most of the replies are attacking the people that want a refund. Cyberpunk has turned the Steam forums incredibly toxic. I usually check the FS2020 forums there, night and day difference. (FS2020 has plenty issues as well and also had a very rocky launch, not this rocky though)

Why are refunds being denied

Thats why not much will be done and publishers hold all the power in this industry. Gamers just cant come together and change the industry for the better. We are too busy rooting for our "teams" and laugh at the misfortune of the fans of other "teams". All we can do now is doing even more research before buying games or just take a chance and hope the publisher will be good to us and the game works.

KLXVER said:

Thats why not much will be done and publishers hold all the power in this industry. Gamers just cant come together and change the industry for the better. We are too busy rooting for our "teams" and laugh at the misfortune of the fans of other "teams". All we can do now is doing even more research before buying games or just take a chance and hope the publisher will be good to us and the game works.

Divide and conquer!

It's funny to see all the contradictions so blatantly exposed. For example the Cyberpunk 2077 Buy now for XBox add is plastered all over Eurogamer, right behind

Sony pulls Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store, offers refunds
UPDATE: Microsoft expands refund policy.

And a bit further down

Recommended Cyberpunk 2077 review - intoxicating potential, half undermined, half met, Finite City.

At this point I think it's best for CDPR to pull a Sean Murry. Stop talking and quietly start working on fixing/finishing the game. No more promises. It was stupid to promise a patch for the 21st and 2 more major updates in Januari in Februari. They did it to prevent refunds, yet it only made it worse by asking people to pls wait or try to get a refund through the regular channels before having any policies in place. Make it first, then announce. Monday all eyes will be focused on what the patch fixes, scratch that, on what it doesn't fix. The dev team desperately needs a break to start with fresh eyes in the new year.

It's clear there will be no easy fix, no couple patches to fix it all. Hopefully the board is finally starting to see this as well.

Patch 1.05 is out already for consoles (pc follows soon)
https://game-updates.info/cyberpunk2077?3

Looks like the usual bug regression phase, and as expected the reactions range from, "how bout they drop a real patch" to "lmao they leave the PC behind the console version, wtf they doin?" "and next patch is in late January. thanks CDPR for your "SO HARD WORK"

At this point, just let it rest. Give the team a break, start fresh next year. There is nothing more that can be done right now that can't be done much better and more efficiently with fresh minds next year. Hopefully that's exactly the reason why the patch dropped today, close shop, finally have a weekend off to recoup.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 18 December 2020

I'm glad I held off buying this game until the next gen version arrives. What a disaster for CDPR.

SvennoJ said:
JWeinCom said:

Yeah, generally you could only return a game because it's faulty. Because... realistically, Best Buy can't guarantee the quality of every game, nor can Sony. If the game disc was actually faulty and it wouldn't run, then that's something we could send back to the company and they'd reimburse us for.

A few times they'd actually have someone from gaming come and check the game on the PS3 we had in the break room to see if it actually wasn't working. Or, if it was a DS/3ds game I'd generally test in on the floor and be like "Oh see it's working fine! YAY FOR YOU!" And the customer would have to stop bullshitting and be like ... "oh... thanks... but my son/daughter really just didn't like the game". 

In the case of a game like Cyberpunk however, giving a new copy obviously won't solve the issue, so exchanging for a new copy wouldn't work. Since the company admitted the game was unplayable, I'm guessing that they'll basically have to repay Best Buy for any returned copies or risk a lawsuit. If CDProject hadn't already made a public statement, idk what Bestbuy would do. It'd be a rough position.

Having worked on the retail side though... People will try to take advantage. So, if your criteria is that you can return it whenever you like, then you'll get tons of people who play the game, beat it, and two weeks later come in saying "oh the game doesn't work at point x". It may be different with digital copies, but it's hard to manage from a retailer perspective. Like I said at Best Buy, we'd actually sometimes ask what the bug was and try to play that part of the game, but that's not always possible. Unfortunately, shitty customers ruin it for everyone. 

People take advantage of returns everywhere in retail, are gamers a specially evil breed? No doubt plenty try to game the system, but you also turn legitimate costumers away. I never bought a game there again. The place I go to now probably doesn't allow returns either, but it's much nicer than the other store, so thanks for pissing me off :)

I also will not go to radio shack anymore, or the source as it's called now. I needed a new outdoor radio for in the garden while working, so I went to radio shack. It is (was) in the name, but try buying a radio lol. Anyway they came out with some blue-tooth speaker that also had FM radio and antenna. I take it home, try it, no reception. Nothing, static, antenna too weak. It worked a little in some places, nothing where I wanted it. So I bring it back later in the afternoon and I get "How was the party" as if I'm returning it after 'my garden party'. And, well it's a blue tooth speaker, what did you expect. It's not really meant for radio. Why did you sell it to me then... The Source is off my list.

Anyway, Sony's solution, de-list the game, refund without questions.
MS, extendeded refund period until further notice. (Still debating I guess, no doubt waiting to see if people start buying the game to play and refund)
CDPR, you have 3 days to put in a refund request.
Best-Buy, 3 days to return from now.
Steam, ignores your request, 2 hour limit still applies.
GoG, no clue, some say they don't get any answer after asking for a refund. Is the PC version included or only console versions.

What a mess!

Gamers aren't a special breed, but games are because for many people they just want to experience the content once, and then be done with it.

For example, if someone buys a 60" TV, they're probably going to want to use it for at least a month. It still has basically the same value to them in a month as it did on day one, and it's also a major pain in the ass to return it which is a deterrent. That's not to say that we didn't have issues with that (for example after the Superbowl we'd have tons of returns after people bought a new TV to impress their friends), but overall, there's way less incentive to buy a TV and return it in two weeks compared to videogames, most of which can be completed within 20-30 hours. There's also a far more subjective quality to games than something like a TV. If a customer buys a TV and it functions as they expect, they'll probably be fine with it. If a customer buys a game, even if the game is perfectly well made, they may not like it for some random and subjective reason. It's hard to make a guarantee on a game the same way you can for a TV or computer.

I think the solution in this case would have to come from platform holders themselves simply playing the games beforehand and if it runs in this state they need to say "no we won't be letting you release this". Of course, with a major third party, that has its own risks of ruining the relationship, but I can't think of anything better. 

Sad what has happened to this game, but I'll probably buy it for the holidays anyways. My PC has a GTX 1650 so I would hope that would be good enough to run the game well. Haven't been able to get an Xbox Series X as of yet so not gonna bother buying the Xbone version rn lol. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).