By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I bought a Series X from a scalper today..... Q

I just can't comprehend spending this much on an Xbox, let alone two. Buy a gaming pc or laptop where you will get a much more glorious refresh rate and be able to do so much more than just gaming, and do it on the go. The laptop screen is generally so close to your face that unless you sit ridiculously close to your TV the laptop will appear larger than probably anything under 70-80 inches anyway, and how many people have an 80 inch TV with 300mhz?

Around the Network
vivster said:

The companies were right, the second hand market is bad for people.

Except for the fact that if you're patient you can build an awesome library of games at way below retail, and can then sell those products if you ever need the capital. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

The money isn't an issue, but I refuse to pay more than msrp for a console. I have plenty of games I still need to get to and will wait it out til sometime next year. That being said, enjoy your system I'm sure its a blast!

VAMatt said:
NobleTeam360 said:

also, that guy must have been uninformed because he could have sold that bundle for 900+ easily. 

No.  They're down to the $850 range on Ebay now, for the bundle, $810ish for the console only.  But, you end up paying over $100 in fees there between Ebay and Paypal, then shipping.  In my local market, there were multiple people selling for $750 or less.  At most, this scalper missed out on $50.  On my deal, he made $127.  

Well, enjoy the Series X. Also, you might as well sell the series S, seems like you don't want to play games at lower settings so there's not much point in keeping it. 

Why would you do such a thing

Around the Network

It's your money, that deal wasn't that bad either.

I wouldn't do it but everyone is free to decide on how to spend money. Enjoy the Series X, it's a fantastic system, easy to use and just enjoy the ride.