By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I bought a Series X from a scalper today..... Q

Is that $710 US?

Around the Network

It's your money, do whatever you want with it.

At least you didn't spend a grand or more like I have seen some doing. You got a decent price and an extra controller.

Well if you sell your Series S for even $210 dollars used, you basically end up paying $500 retail for the Series X. I am not going to go into how I don't agree with your decision to buy from a scalper, whats done is done. But don't stoop to their level...

If you don't want to keep it, sell the console itself for $210 as used to someone that really wants it (not another scalper). This will allow you to have only paid retail for your Series X, but help someone out who wants a Series S and can't have one because of the scalper and supply problems. This would be fair in my eyes...

In any case, enjoy your Series X. I am loving mine, and if Cyberpunk is your aim I would go with quality mode. It seems like the most polished console mode out of them all, and has the best visuals on consoles as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Well - I hope you got an official receipt otherwise you'll not be able to get a warranty replacement if it breaks.

Azzanation said:

Is that $710 US?

Yes

OneTime said:

Well - I hope you got an official receipt otherwise you'll not be able to get a warranty replacement if it breaks.

I did.  

Around the Network

Remember that Dante put greedsters into the 4th circle of hell and thieves/fraudsters into the 8th circle. These are your company, OP.

Congrats, now you're part of the problem.

numberwang said:

Remember that Dante put greedsters into the 4th circle of hell and thieves/fraudsters into the 8th circle. These are your company, OP.

Hell isn't a real thing though....

SvennoJ said:

Congrats, now you're part of the problem.

I have sold a few systems as a scalper in the past.  I've never seen scalping as a problem.  I will admit that the shit show this year, seemingly fueled by bots, is not a good look for scalpers.  They (as a whole, not necessarily a guy that buys two systems by being first in line at Gamestop) may have crossed a line such that the console marketers will be compelled to distribute systems differently next time.  Nevertheless, I have no moral issue with scalping in and of itself.  

Anyway, if it is a problem, I was already part of it. That's why I have no issues with (considering) selling my Series S for a profit. 

With all of that said, I had originally planned to wait for a Series X until supply normalized. But, I am just finishing up a major remodel to my basement to create an awesome gaming area. It has been in the works for about 2 months.  I should be installing all of my electronics next weekend or shortly thereafter.  When I found that I could get a Series X for about $130 over the retail price with tax, I decided it was worth it to have all the pieces in order.  

Sell the SeriesS to get some of your money back. At first I was gonna keep my PS4Pro in by bedroom, now that the PS5 occupies the living room. However, my PS4Pro has been completely neglected and I don't have much time to play the games I actually want to play right now which are on PS5, PC, and 3DS. The Pro also doesn't run anything I can't run on the PS5, so I may as well turn it into cash if I can get a few 100s out of it.

4 ≈ One