By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Year 2021 Virtual woman that look realistic are more popular than real youtube girls

I give up on humanity.

Around the Network

I'm not watching the video, but I see no issue with this.

She is just mad she has less simps

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I hate the modern world. It's so shallow. So this is the new Lonleygirl15. If you don't know what that is. Look it up. This is also real(?) Max Headroom. Again google it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I do think more and more companies are going to push the virtual influencer as time goes on. The problem with real people is that they can goof up. Say something or do something that can ruin the image. With virtual influencers, it's all controlled. VA goofs up? Replace them. Eventually it will just be bots.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

It's not like "real" influencers are very real either. When you look at a lot of influencers what you see is just a persona constructed to appease whoever tossed them the biggest bag of money. And that's all great from a sponsor's perspective. It's when they stop being marketing tools and becomes real people again that you may get into trouble.

In today's world you have a mob out there waiting for people to fuck up. And when people do fuck up the mob will make sure to tell the whole world (sometimes in caps) that those people fucked up. And if one of those people is associated with your company or product, that person might cause damage to your brand. A virtual influencer solves the problem in that you no longer have to worry about what your influencers do when they drop their personas and start acting like real people again.

I don't see following virtual girls being any worse than worshiping and throwing money at "real" girls whose job consists of being attractive and sitting in front of a camera, showing their cleavage and being mediocre at playing video games.

Marketing companies will do what they can to sell stuff, pretty simple.

*Looks at League's recent campaign*

Hmm, pie.

I mean, if this means that regular human influencers that suck but are popular due to them being pretty collapse or go away, I for one welcome our new AI fake humans I suppose. Not a great loss :P

The fake influencers still look noticeably fake, but their acting is identical to the real deal, so Silicon Valley disrupts yet another industry.