By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nier automata ps4

Found this game laying around. How good is it?? 

Around the Network

Why dont you pop it in and tell us?

11/10 sounds about right.

Don't play the first 2 hours in super hard. You will quit.

One of the greatest games ever. It's not required but I'd wait to play it until after Nier Replicant comes out in April. Not required just some first game references would gloss over you. While Platinum did develop it. They purposefully made the combat less over the top so it's not Bayonetta...even tho NA has the best dodge in any game ever plus the best ASS in any game ever. The story is deep and philosophical to such an extreme degree. It's a lovely game but not totally conventional either. It's very unique.

What games like Detroit fail to say in its sloppy delivery. Nier Automata nails in more ways than a David Cage game has QTEs.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

It's a solid 8.5 out of 10.
Would have been a bit higher if not for the second playthrough.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Loved it, definitely in my top 10 PS4 games

It's one of my fav Xbox one games.

Pretty good.

Overall, it is a great game.
The story is its strong point. The way it is revealed through multiple playthroughs is brilliant. The characters are 2 dimensional, no much depth to them, but they are likable.

The gameplay is engaging and fun. But if you are looking for a fair challenge you won't find it here. The normal mode becomes way too easy quickly, and the hard more turns the game into 1-hit-kill unless if you overlevel; which makes the game too easy again. The worst dificulty balance in the recent memory.

8/10