By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The 11th Semi-Annual PC Secret Santa Event

I sent my gifts to my Tiny Tim, they will receive them on the 25th.

Around the Network

I saw that some titles were not selectable, guess this has to do with regional pricing. But I solved it and mine is sent! :)

Bandorr said:

"Due to regional price differences, the gift you are trying to send cannot be sent to the recipient's region."
How do I know which games are causing that? Are all of them?

Do I have to search gog and Humble to fix this?

Bandorr said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I seem to be running into the same problem with my Tiny Tim here as well.

I tried to compare the games on steam to GOG.  Several aren't on there, others aren't getting discounted or only a partial discount.  Combine that with the having to cross check things cross two sites etc kinda ruins the gift giving spirit.

Less discounts means less giving.

I'm sorry you're having problems. I don't understand how both of you have this kind of problems when you're not exactly from one of the regions where prices are lower.

Sometimes it's because of a decision of the publisher, putting different prices and discounts across different regions, so maybe trying a game from another publisher helps.

Cerebralbore101 said:

I just had the same problem. Was going to gift my TinyTim on Steam, since I know most people prefer Steam. Oh well, Guess I'll gift on GoG instead.

Again, I'm sorry you have this kind of troubles.

By the way, gifting through GOG is a bit tricky so, if you need help, feel free to ask.

Darwinianevolution said:

I'll try to gift my presents later today.

Good. I hope you're safe from troubles!

*crosses all the fingers*

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Rhonin the wizard said:

I sent my gifts to my Tiny Tim, they will receive them on the 25th.

Mummelmann said:

I saw that some titles were not selectable, guess this has to do with regional pricing. But I solved it and mine is sent! :)

Thank you for the notification and for the good news.

I hope you get your gifts soon as well.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I just sent the games to my Tiny Tim. I hope he enjoys them. Please confirm they arrived smoothly whenever you can, just in case. :)

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

My GOG Gift should have gone through now, maybe my tiny Tim can confirm that?

Bofferbrauer2 said:

My GOG Gift should have gone through now, maybe my tiny Tim can confirm that?

Edit: YES I DID INDEED GET PRESENTS!!!

Thankyou very much Santa!

I'll start Grimrock II and then Frostpunk just as soon as I finish Cyberpunk. :D

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 23 December 2020

I'm still waiting on my TinyTim to send me his GoG email address. I need it to gift games!

Either that or if Truckosaurus could help me with gifting items on Steam that would be great.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 23 December 2020

Cerebralbore101 said:

I'm still waiting on my TinyTim to send me his GoG email address. I need it to gift games!

Either that or if Truckosaurus could help me with gifting items on Steam that would be great.

Sent!  Hope you got it. Been home alone with twin toddlers, so I don't get as much time to check emails and messages.  Usually only once a day or so.

I'll be sending out my gifts some time today.  I also ran into the steam regional thing last year with my tiny tim.  It's weird because it was only the case for some games.  Not all.  Luckily I shouldn't have the issue this year.

Thank you Secret Santa for the great gift!

Don't despair Tiny Tim, I'll eventually beat region lock and manage to send your gift your way!

Signature goes here!