By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The 11th Semi-Annual PC Secret Santa Event

My GOG Gift should have gone through now, maybe my tiny Tim can confirm that?

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Edit: YES I DID INDEED GET PRESENTS!!!

Thankyou very much Santa!

I'll start Grimrock II and then Frostpunk just as soon as I finish Cyberpunk. :D

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 23 December 2020

Alternative plan I will gift them one at a time. Maybe one of them was causing problems but not the others. I'll report back if it seems to be all of them.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

I'm still waiting on my TinyTim to send me his GoG email address. I need it to gift games!

Either that or if Truckosaurus could help me with gifting items on Steam that would be great.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 23 December 2020

Apparently it doesn't apply to all games just some.
Yet when you check out it doesn't tell you WHICH games.

So you have to add to the list, and "Try" and check out. If you get to the window where you can actually purchase it (past the greeting message etc) I'm guessing that means you can buy it.

And if you get the message you have to remove it from the cart and try with other stuff. Kinda hassle but better than trying to cross check it all with GOG.

• Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

I'm still waiting on my TinyTim to send me his GoG email address. I need it to gift games!

Either that or if Truckosaurus could help me with gifting items on Steam that would be great.

Sent!  Hope you got it. Been home alone with twin toddlers, so I don't get as much time to check emails and messages.  Usually only once a day or so.

I'll be sending out my gifts some time today.  I also ran into the steam regional thing last year with my tiny tim.  It's weird because it was only the case for some games.  Not all.  Luckily I shouldn't have the issue this year.

Thank you Secret Santa for the great gift!

Don't despair Tiny Tim, I'll eventually beat region lock and manage to send your gift your way!

Signature goes here!

Bandorr said:

So you have to add to the list, and "Try" and check out. If you get to the window where you can actually purchase it (past the greeting message etc) I'm guessing that means you can buy it.

And if you get the message you have to remove it from the cart and try with other stuff. Kinda hassle but better than trying to cross check it all with GOG.

Oh and apparently steam doesn't like that.

"It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again."

bullshit.  Adding a game, trying to check out, being told to F off because of "prices differences" is NOT "attempt a lot of purchases". It's mean trying to figure out WTF I can actually buy.

Bandorr said:
Bandorr said:

Oh and apparently steam doesn't like that.

"It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again."

bullshit.  Adding a game, trying to check out, being told to F off because of "prices differences" is NOT "attempt a lot of purchases". It's mean trying to figure out WTF I can actually buy.

So Steam turns gifting into a trouble and then gets suspicious if you have troubles gifting. Makes complete sense.

Once again, I'm sorry some of you have to go through these troubles.

By the way, some people in this thread are the worst when it comes to keep secrets XD.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Edit: YES I DID INDEED GET PRESENTS!!!

Thankyou very much Santa!

I'll start Grimrock II and then Frostpunk just as soon as I finish Cyberpunk. :D

... through PM next time possibly?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 23 December 2020