By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The 11th Semi-Annual PC Secret Santa Event

I knew I forgot something yesterday... I didn't post the best new releases of May 2019! Let's fix that:

Shop Titans
Kabam Games, Inc. (Canada)

Hydroneer
Foulball Hangover (UK)

Deep Rock Galactic
GhostShipGames (Denmark)

Super Mega Baseball 3
Metalhead Software Inc. (Canada)

Nimbatus - The Space Drone Constructor
Stray Fawn Studio (Switzerland)

Library Of Ruina
Project Moon (Republic of Korea)

Golf With Your Friends
Blacklight Interactive (Australia)

GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
CD PROJEKT RED (Poland)

Mafia III: Definitive Edition
Hangar 13 & Aspyr (US)

Blackthorn Arena
PersonaeGame Studio (China)

Crucible
Relentless Studios (US)

Total Tank Simulator
Noobz from Poland (Poland)

Monster Train
Shiny Shoe (US)

Observation
No Code (Scotland)

Space Haven
Bugbyte Ltd. (Finland)

Gunfire Reborn
Duoyi (Hong Kong) Interactive Entertainment Limited (China)

ShellShock Live
kChamp Games (US)

Dungeon Defenders: Awakened
Chromatic Games (US)

Poly Bridge 2
Dry Cactus (New Zealand)

Shantae and the Seven Sirens
WayForward (US)

And here's the link to the whole list, in case you're also interested in the free to play games: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/2370530145684352691

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

These were the best new releases of June 2020, when EA came back to Steam and Quantic Dream's exclusivity deal with the Epic Store ended:

Sea of Thieves
Microsoft Game Studios (USA)

Crysis® 3
Crytek (Germany)

Dragon Age™ Inquisition
BioWare (Canada)

Need for Speed™ Heat
Ghost Games (Sweden)

Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection
Petroglyph & Lemon Sky Studios (USA & Malaysia)

Satisfactory
Coffee Stain Studios (Sweden)

Battlefield™ V
DICE (Sweden)

Journey
thatgamecompany (USA)

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II
DICE (Sweden)

Persona 4 Golden
ATLUS (Japan)

Torchlight III
Echtra Inc. (USA)

Griftlands
Klei Entertainment (Canada)

Desperados III
Mimimi Games (Germany)

Hardspace: Shipbreaker
Blackbird Interactive (Canada)

Beyond: Two Souls
Quantic Dream (France)

Detroit: Become Human
Quantic Dream (France)

Outer Wilds
Mobius Digital (USA)

The Sims™ 4
Maxis (USA)

Titanfall® 2
Respawn Entertainment (USA)

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated
Purple Lamp Studios (Austria)

And here you'll find the top free releases: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/4715783004475596474

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I think now it's a good time to remind those still undecided to take part in the event that you only have 4 more days to join. December 20th is the limit.

Also, to those that joined, thanks again, it's worth remembering that, in order to be able to gift a game to someone on Steam (I'm not sure if it's the same at GOG), you need to be friends with that person. In other words, have you send the necessary friend requests or accepted the ones you've gotten? One of them could end being your Secret Santa .

Interested in knowing which were the best new releases of July in Steam? If your answer is yes, keep reading. If it's not, what are you doing still here?

F1® 2020
Codemasters (UK)

SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris
AQURIA Co., Ltd. (Japan)

The Wind Road 紫塞秋风
甘肃嘉元数字科技有限公司 (China)

Rocket Arena
Final Strike Games (USA)

DEATH STRANDING
KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS (Japan)

雀魂麻將(MahjongSoul)
Catfood Studio (China)

Neon Abyss
Veewo Games (China)

STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town
Marvelous Inc. (Japan)

FAIRY TAIL
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. (Japan)

SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE
SUPERHOT Team (Poland)

STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™
BioWare (Canada)

5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel
Conor Petersen & Thunkspace, LLC (USA)

CARRION
Phobia Game Studio (Poland)

Othercide
Lightbulb Crew (France)

Grounded
Obsidian Entertainment (USA)

Destroy All Humans!
Black Forest Games (Germany) & Pandemic Studios (USA)

Skater XL - The Ultimate Skateboarding Game
Easy Day Studios Pty Ltd (USA)

Blightbound
Ronimo Games (Netherlands)

Hellpoint
Cradle Games (Canada)

And you can also check the best free releases from this link: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/2724069059225428804

Last edited by JEMC - on 17 December 2020

CladInShadows said:
JEMC said:

Thanks for joining!

And yes, it's odd that Epic doesn't have the gifting feature given that the main reason most of us installed its store is because the games they gift us.

Yeah, I'm no Epic-basher.  They've given me 163 games for free. Just for having an account.  I will and have bought games from them as well.  But their store technology is still lagging behind in a few areas.  Still though...163 free games is nothing to sneeze at.

Interesting, any standouts among those free games? Would I still get those games free if I installed it now?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
CladInShadows said:

Yeah, I'm no Epic-basher.  They've given me 163 games for free. Just for having an account.  I will and have bought games from them as well.  But their store technology is still lagging behind in a few areas.  Still though...163 free games is nothing to sneeze at.

Interesting, any standouts among those free games? Would I still get those games free if I installed it now?

I'm sorry to tell you that no, you can't get those games anymore. Epic gives away one or two games every week and, after that time, the free games change to other titles.

But, if you're still interested, starting today Epic gives one free game per day for the next two weeks. Today the free game is Cities Skylines. Which one will be tomorrow? We don't know.

There was a list going around that has now been proven fake as it didn't have Skylines, but there's another rumor/leak that mentions three games: Tropico 5, Inside and Jurassic World Evolution. We'll see if this one is real or not.

TruckOSaurus said:
CladInShadows said:

Like JEMC said, no you won't get them retroactively.  It's kind of like PS Plus where you need to "buy" it, but the price is $0 and then it's attached to your account.  Unlike PS Plus, though, these are attached to your account and there's no need to remain subscribed to any kind of service to play them.

Standouts?  Off the top of my head?  GTA5, Civilization 6, Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, two Borderlands games, Both Watchdog games, both Torchlight games, all the Lego Batman games, all the Arkham games, and more indie games than you can shake a stick at.  Did I own some of them already?  Yep, but many of them I did not.  It's actually crazy how much they have given away.  And yeah, another 14 games during the holidays.

Last edited by CladInShadows - on 17 December 2020

Time to remind us which were the more popular releases of August, and there's one that came like a storm:

Fall Guys
Mediatonic (UK)

Empyrion - Galactic Survival
Eleon Game Studios (Germany)

Phantasy Star Online 2
SEGA (Japan)

Undermine
Thorium (Canada)

The Henry Stickmin Collection
PuffballsUnited (US)

Horizon Zero Dawn
Guerrilla (Netherlands)

Risk of Rain 2
Hopoo Games (US)

Factorio
Wube Software Ltd. (Czech Republic)

Microsoft Flight Simulator
Asobo Studio (France)

Rogue Legacy 2
Cellar Door Games (Canada)

Spiritfarer®
Thunder Lotus Games (Canada)

Train Sim World® 2
Dovetail Games (UK)

PGA TOUR 2K21
HB Studios Multimedia Ltd. (Canada)

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
Panache Digital Games (Canada)

Captain Tsubasa - Rise of New Champions
TAMSOFT CORPORATION (Japan)

Control
Remedy Entertainment (Finland)

Project CARS 3
Slightly Mad Studios (UK)

Madden NFL 21
Electronic Arts (US)

Night of the Dead
jacktostudios (Republic of Korea)

Wasteland 3
inXile Entertainment (US)

And here you'll find the best releases of free to play games: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/2872690384632158520

Bandorr said:

I tried Rogue legacy 2 when it first came out. My main objection as the control scheme. I'm using a PS controller. Register that and show me the controls for a Playstation controller.

The second it takes me to go "A.. which is A again" is a second too long. I put up with that in dishonored I'm not putting up with it anymore.

That and I wasn't sure there was enough content to justify it. Reports of people beating it in like 2 hours as kinda low for me.

Some of your problems with the game may come from the fact that it's an Early Access game. Since it launched, they've added more content and done other tweaks and adjustments.

We're getting closer and closer. But until then, let's take a look at the best releases of September:

Crusader Kings III
Paradox Development Studio (Sweden)

Craftopia
POCKET PAIR, Inc. (Japan)

Marvel's Avengers
Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montréal & Nixxes (USA, Canada & Netherlands)

NBA 2K21
Visual Concepts (USA)

Necromunda: Underhive Wars
Rogue Factor (Canada)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
KAIKO, Big Huge Games & 38 Studios (Germany, USA & USA)

BPM: BULLETS PER MINUTE
Awe Interactive (UK)

eFootball PES 2021
Konami Digital Entertainment (Japan)

Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos
Artefacts Studio (France)

Hades
Supergiant Games (USA)

Medieval Dynasty
Render Cube (Poland)

Phasmophobia
Kinetic Games (UK)

Squad
Offworld Industries (Canada)

Unrailed!
Indoor Astronaut (Switzerland)

Untitled Goose Game
House House (Australia)

Mafia: Definitive Edition
Hangar 13 (USA)

Serious Sam 4
Croteam (Croatia)

Port Royale 4
Gaming Minds (Germany)

Captain Tsubasa - Rise of New Champions
TAMSOFT CORPORATION (Japan)

Spelunky 2
Mossmouth & BlitWorks (USA & Spain)

And here there are the top free games released that month: https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/2922233151830890571