By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Things that annoy you about Vgchartz (New and improved)

Gobbledy gooker!

I hate eagles 1 3.03%

Why? 1 3.03%

You are annoying me right now 7 21.21%

I am annoying you right now 3 9.09%

Myself 0 0%

Ponies 11 33.33%

Drones 2 6.06%

Xbots 1 3.03%

Mods 4 12.12%

Phil Spencer 3 9.09%

Total:33

In view of the circumstances, I can only say one thing, and I really mean it:

That's basically my philosophy, and it's something I live by. But when I come to this forum, what I always find instead is that people are always for any reason doing something to someone for any reason always, and man, is that annoying. Like, damn, it's always the same, no matter what, no matter where or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been, for any reason whatsoever... Can't you people just stop it, please?

And to be clear,

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Around the Network

“There's only two things I hate" on VGchartz. "People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.”

― Michael Caine

Badges. I get those every day.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

1) front page is a cluttered Mess.
2) it's 2021 almost and in this day and age a site about the latest video game tech has not go a mobile friendly interface.
3) ads with sound. Yes, I'm a supporter, but prior to that it was horrendous having to constantly mute your phone when it randomly would blast out an advert. At least make the adverts silent.

Ryuu96 said:
vivster said:

Spambots that spam my wall and DMs every single day.

DMs now too?

Me and Talon were discussing this, we're thinking about restricting it so Moderators have to approve any new users first comment (anywhere), a light version of verification, I don't know when this would be implemented but yeah, we don't know what else to do, sorry for the annoyance, I banned like 20 of those fuckers in a few days a month back (before the delete option was locked to head mod).

I wish I knew the connection why it only targets a certain group of users.

Jpcc86 said:

But the most annoying is that I cant change my name. I put jpcc86 thinking I'll change it later - because thats an obvious feature every forum has that we should all take for granted - And no, its not so obvious after all. 

Trucks will change your name if you ask him nicely.

Random_Matt said:

My notification don't link to the articles I comment in. You just get directed to the home page.

Should be fixed now.

Weeb avatars are a criteria

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I am annoyed by polls missing the answer I want.

Adverts. The site is completely unusable without an adblocker.

In fact, I only really use the adblocker on this site. I don't install adblocker with the default browser on my machine. This is the only site where I will actively need to switch to the browser with adblock enabled.

Most of the adverts here look like dodgy scams as well...

OneTime said:

Adverts. The site is completely unusable without an adblocker.

In fact, I only really use the adblocker on this site. I don't install adblocker with the default browser on my machine. This is the only site where I will actively need to switch to the browser with adblock enabled.

Most of the adverts here look like dodgy scams as well...

I think there must of been some major advertising budgets increased a little before Thanksgiving.

Steps have been taken to stop the ones that made the site unusable, and I have not seen any site breaking ones the last couple of days.

curl-6 said:

The way it goes silent and dead as the grave from about this time of the day for the next 8 hours or so, which is my 1-9pm, then seems to pick up right after I go to bed.

I know the feeling, hence why you see me typing some crazy things late around 2 to 4 am our time.

Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

The way it goes silent and dead as the grave from about this time of the day for the next 8 hours or so, which is my 1-9pm, then seems to pick up right after I go to bed.

I know the feeling, hence why you see me typing some crazy things late around 2 to 4 am our time.

Haha, I can't do that anymore, I used to be a real night owl but over the last couple years I have unwillingly morphed into an early riser/sleeper, so I just type like mad around this time of the morning before the forums go into hibernation and our American and European friends all log off.

The curse of living Down Under...