By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Absolutely Every PlayStation 5 is Sold, Says PlayStation CEO

Yeah, too bad you have scalpers holding the damn systems hostage. Because sites like Best Buy, GameStop, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. don't have CAPTCHA or any kind of verification process for online purchases, they can literally place orders within seconds via bots, which is why people have reported sites selling out within as little as 30 seconds after going live. Tens of thousands of consoles that could've been sold to gamers are instead being sold on eBay for triple or more their market value.

Basically, my only hope is to hope either of the GameStops in my area (luckily there's 2 of em down the street from where I live) have consoles in stock at 7AM tomorrow like their Black Friday ad said.

Scalping should be fucking illegal, pricks. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 26 November 2020

Around the Network
KManX89 said:

Yeah, too bad you have scalpers holding the damn systems hostage. Because sites like Best Buy, GameStop, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. don't have CAPTCHA or any kind of verification process for online purchases, they can literally place orders within seconds via bots, which is why people have reported sites selling out within as little as 30 seconds after going live. Tens of thousands of consoles that could've been sold to gamers are instead being sold on eBay for triple or more their market value.

Basically, my only hope is to hope either of the GameStops in my area (luckily there's 2 of em down the street from where I live) have consoles in stock at 7AM tomorrow like their Black Friday ad said.

Scalping should be fucking illegal, pricks. 

I hope Sony ramp up production enough to meet demand, most legit buyers be wise and patient and not foolish suckers and most scalpers be eventually forced to resell at a loss.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 
 


Alby_da_Wolf said:
KManX89 said:

Yeah, too bad you have scalpers holding the damn systems hostage. Because sites like Best Buy, GameStop, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. don't have CAPTCHA or any kind of verification process for online purchases, they can literally place orders within seconds via bots, which is why people have reported sites selling out within as little as 30 seconds after going live. Tens of thousands of consoles that could've been sold to gamers are instead being sold on eBay for triple or more their market value.

Basically, my only hope is to hope either of the GameStops in my area (luckily there's 2 of em down the street from where I live) have consoles in stock at 7AM tomorrow like their Black Friday ad said.

Scalping should be fucking illegal, pricks. 

I hope Sony ramp up production enough to meet demand, most legit buyers be wise and patient and not foolish suckers and most scalpers be eventually forced to resell at a loss.

Luckily I get up sooner than most with my meds (Remeron and Adderall), but will that be enough to get one at 7AM tomorrow morning or will I have to camp out? Sadly, that may be my only hope of getting one anytime soon with these goddamn motherfucking piece of shit scalpers. Even more sadly, I think I know the answer.

But yeah, fuck scalpers. We have laws against scalping tickets, why should this be any different? It's not "selling something you own", it's effectively denying customers a product via bots since most won't buy the ridiculously-overpriced scalped consoles and the ones that do still end up paying triple or more their MSRP. Either way, they're getting fucked. And last I heard, copying someone else's work without monetary gain is still illegal.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 26 November 2020

SvennoJ said:
Runa216 said:

I know, right? And this time around my favourite exclusives on PS5's launch are a remake of a PS3 game and a cross-generational sequel to a Ps4 game. The launch is just that: A launch point. It's not representative of the endpoint. PS4 had a mediocre launch and ended up with one of the strongest libraries ever. Same with PS1 and PS2. PS3 had an absolutely atrocious first 2-3 years and it ended up with a really solid library as well. 

PEople buy consoles at launch as an investment in the future, not for the immediate payoff and value. I wish more people used logic and reason in their discussions.

Nah, people buy it at launch because of hype, wanting to be the first to have the console or out of fear of it being out of stock for a long time if not secured at launch. Buying the first batch is never a good investment in the future. The first run is always the weakest.

I'm in the 'fear' camp. I didn't pre-order this time, now I might have to wait until Februari or later before having a chance to upgrade. But maybe by then the launch kinks have been worked out and the production line fine tuned. My launch PS4 is incredibly loud now while loading certain things. At least it still works unlike the ps3/360/Wii gen. Not one console I bought at launch that gen made it past 4 years. The wii lasted the longest until the disc drive failed.

Pretty much this. You can't glem a lot from a console launch because they always go over well. Even the Wii U was out of stock when it launched

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2012/11/26/nintendo-wii-u-sales/1727191/

We'll know better in a few months how successful the console really is



Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

The PS5 breaks new records in Spain and the UK.
Probably in France and Germany too ?!



Game Awards 2020: Millions of Gamers have decided, "The Last of Us 2" is Game of the Year and has received the most Awards :) And my respect for Ghost of Tsushima!!

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:

The PS5 breaks new records in Spain and the UK.
Probably in France and Germany too ?!

quite likely



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."