By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has Any Game Sold to 30 Million Units as Quickly as Animal Crossing Will?

GTA V probably, or a COD. This is the single best opportunity for a game to do this though in terms of timing and hype etc.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Tbh even among multiplatform titles I think only a very few possibly GTAV, PUBG and COD:MW, I can't think of any exclusive game that managed to do it this fast.

Wyrdness said:

Tbh even among multiplatform titles I think only a very few possibly GTAV, PUBG and COD:MW, I can't think of any exclusive game that managed to do it this fast.

I'm surprised the new cod:mw sold so fast. I didn't know people still played cod so much.

pikashoe said:
Wyrdness said:

I'm surprised the new cod:mw sold so fast. I didn't know people still played cod so much.

They made 3 billion this year the highest amount ever...

aircanada83 said:

If we're counting multi platforms, then watch out for Cyberpunk 2077. It should beat RDR 2 launch sales. I wonder if the game can challenge GTA 5 for biggest opening week ever. Please keep in mind that Cyberpunk will have strong sales on PC. Even having lower attachment rate than RDR 2 on PS4 and Xbox One shouldn't hurt its chances. I predict 4-5 milions preorders before December 10th debut. Initial sales of 10+milion copies in 48h.

Cyperpunk may be the most returned game ever based on how it performs on systems most gamers are playing on. Then it could also be the most re-bought game ever from those players returning it when they patch or hire Panic Button to work their magic. It's gonna be a wild ride ?

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
pikashoe said:

What is the inflation rate this year, just curious? $3 billion from a year from now isn't worth as much as $3 billion now is, and even less than $3billion from a year ago and so on. Also development costs I believe are going up disproportionately.

Dulfite said:
konnichiwa said:

What is the inflation rate this year, just curious? $3 billion from a year from now isn't worth as much as $3 billion now is, and even less than $3billion from a year ago and so on. Also development costs I believe are going up disproportionately.

Call of Duty titles generated over $1.1 billion in revenue in 2019

In 2020ish 3 billion

Activision also said Call of Duty has seen more players than ever before with 200 million in 2020 alone. 

AC has gotta have the record for an exclusive. Which is far more impressive than these action games that everyone on Xbox, Playstation, and PC buy en masse every year. The numbers on some of these series are just insane, but I guess its just the same people buying the same first/third person shooter by the tens of millions every time a new one comes out haha.

konnichiwa said:
pikashoe said:

That is truly depressing

konnichiwa said:
Dulfite said:

Call of Duty titles generated over $1.1 billion in revenue in 2019

In 2020ish 3 billion

Activision also said Call of Duty has seen more players than ever before with 200 million in 2020 alone. 

Wow! That is impressive!