By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 45, 2020 (Nov 02 - Nov 08)

Tagged games:

Sakuna has an incredibly low shipment and neither Olive Town or RF5 are big titles.

Around the Network
src said:
Sakuna has an incredibly low shipment and neither Olive Town or RF5 are big titles.

Sakuna PS4/Switch outsold any PS5 game, and was created by a two men team... it's going to be a major game for Marvelous this holiday season and this is why their stock price saw such a rice. Most investors didn't see this one coming, it's topping the eShop and Steam one week prior to the launch of Age of Calamity and Momotaro which are both expected to launch with over 200K sales

For Marvelous these are their biggest titles,

Their top selling game is Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness which launched in 2007 on the DS and sold 304K. 

Their next best selling games are Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town on the Switch and Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon on the DS which both sold 145K physically.

Olive Town and Rune Factory 5 are extremely likely to be their biggest hits ever both in Japan and World Wide.

For a developer like Marvelous there is no doubt these are "big" titles. 

curl-6 said:
noshten said:

Sakuna on the Switch facing shortages in Japan, looks like the initial shipment was sold and now the physical version is selling for about twice the price on Amazon. The initial shipment on the Switch is unlikely to be higher than 30K, the more likely case is around 20K.

So, another case of a dev underestimating Switch software demand and undershipping?

Well, it helps that Sakuna is getting rave reviews and buying recommendations pretty much everywhere, so I'm sure even more optimistic investors would gotten caught short here.

I'm pretty sure the game will sell well over the next couple months due to the low amount of copies in the initial shipment, and not just in Japan.

RIP Blue. Seems likE PS5 colour is white and black.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

PAOerfulone said:

Some interesting tidbits about the Switch's software numbers based on Nintendo's own reports:

According to Nintendo themselves, these are the best selling Switch games in Japan (shipped+digital)

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 8.18 million
2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 4.82 million
3. Pokemon Sword/Shield - 4.77 million
4. Splatoon 2 - 4.35 million
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 4.04 million
6. Super Mario Odyssey - 2.53 million
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 2.21 million
8. Super Mario Party - 2.07 million
9. Ring Fit Adventure - 1.8 million
10. Super Mario Maker - 1.16+ million*
11. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 1.13 million

(They didn't list Super Mario Maker in their updated Million Sellers list for the fiscal year. But their last figure on the game is still higher than NSMBUD's current figure, so it is still higher.) Will be interesting to see if Pikmin 3 will have any chances of cracking 1 million? Will Age of Calamity be able to do it? And where will Monster Hunter Rise rank on this list?

Oh damn. Sometimes I forget Famitsu doesn't include digital. AC over 8 million, and all of the 3 million sellers over 4 million even MK8D! AC at 9 million and Smash and Pokemon at 5 million by end of year are definitely doable! Also makes me remember that RFA is gonna take a bit longer to pass Mario Party and Zelda and Odyssey because of digital sales, I could see it matching BotW by end of the year though, perhaps around 2.4 million.

Around the Network

Ring Fit Adventure is going to be at over 2.8 million by the end of the year. The 1,8 million is up to September 2020 shipped numbers by Nintendo, while at the time Famitsu had it at 1.6M so a difference of 200K units. Ring Fit is selling additional copies via the My Nintendo stores which shouldn't be underestimated, Famtisu doesn't have those numbers until Nintendo releases them. Currently they've already sold over 2M copies and the bundle or holidays haven't even arrived. Ring Fit will be over 3M on the next Nintendo financial imo

RFA against all odds has reached the position of being the most popular rpg in the region after Pokemon and DQ.

The Switch + Ring Fit bundle is going to be dynamite once it's out, they're not gonna be able to supply enough of them.Also, looks like this might be first week in a long, long time where Switch actually faces a challenge to its complete dominance of the Top 30 software.

Has there been any first feedback on sales of PS5 ?

Famitsu has posted ps5 and xbox series sales in japan. Maybe someone can make a thread about it.https://www.famitsu.com/news/amp/202011/18209693.php?__twitter_impression=true