By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil may Cry 5 PS5 vs. Series X (Digital Foundry)

Were you happy with the performance of your console of choice?

Series X Outperformed 2 8.00%

Series X Disappointed 2 8.00%

PS5 Outperformed 7 28.00%

PS5 Disappointed 0 0%

It was a tie 11 44.00%

Will judge later with gam... 3 12.00%

Total:25
foodfather said:
eva01beserk said:
foodfather said:

Crappy game gets a crappy port. And the news is? Game looks acceptable on both consoles I see nothing adverse here but nothing that should next gen, including so called ray tracing.

Framerte counter has XX higher than PS5 pretty consistently. Do some people even watch the video they are clicking on? 

on quality mode, and only like 5-8%, then on performance mode the ps5 is way more than that  ahead. Did you watch the video?

Most of the time the fps counter is higher on XX, but a few to a dozen ''fps's''. Slip to any scene, pause it, flip through it, Did you? That random slowdown to the 60's on the XX is odd, but I bet somewhere in the game it would happen to PS5 too. Crap port thats all. 

he tricked you, both DF guys mention that something weird is going on with the performance mode on the series X, there are vids going around in which the performance mode was like 5-10fps over the quality mode

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
foodfather said:

Crappy game gets a crappy port. And the news is? Game looks acceptable on both consoles I see nothing adverse here but nothing that should next gen, including so called ray tracing.

That's a sizzling hot take lol. DMC5 is the exact opposite of crappy. It's absolutely amazing. Best in series and one of the best in the genre of one of the best genres in gaming.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

foodfather said:
eva01beserk said:
foodfather said:

Framerte counter has XX higher than PS5 pretty consistently. Do some people even watch the video they are clicking on? 

on quality mode, and only like 5-8%, then on performance mode the ps5 is way more than that  ahead. Did you watch the video?

Most of the time the fps counter is higher on XX, but a few to a dozen ''fps's''. Slip to any scene, pause it, flip through it, Did you? That random slowdown to the 60's on the XX is odd, but I bet somewhere in the game it would happen to PS5 too. Crap port thats all. 

Thats a lie, the video is clear and its comented by both of them. In performance mode the lead the xbox had was during cutscenes and a few areas and that diference is minimal, but most of the gameplay the ps5 has the advantage and by quite a lot. and on thouse worse case scnarios the diferenc is like 40% in favor of the ps5. Its clear, the ps5 has an advantage in performance and xbox has an advantage on quality mode.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Last gen head to heads got a bit boring with mostly predictable resolution differences being the main factor. This gen could be more interesting with both consoles trading blows depending on the metric and parameters. Should be a pretty narrow and competitive race over all.

Game is a solid 6/10.

Around the Network

Some portions of the game it is clear Capcom either made some big errors or the engine have some adjustments need, because there is no reason to expect Series X running almost 50% of PS5 fps for a long time (besides most of the time it being significantly lower in gameplay sections).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."