By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To celebrate Xbox Series X, I am going to play through the entire GoW franchise for the first time, and in chronological order (Current Game: Gears 5)

Finished Gears UE. The content that was added from the PC version was actually pretty solid. RAAM fight was tough because my stupid ass teammate kept running out and dying. Will start Gears 2 tomorrow.

Around the Network

IM at the end of Gears 2 but got sidetracked playing kingdom hearts.....

我是广州人

Got to Act 3 of Gears 2 this morning. Gotta say, did not expect the shotgun suicide, or finding myself on the inside of a massive worm, severing arteries in three different hearts to kill it. Also seems bizarre that the humans could map out all these tunnels and have all this bad ass tech but had no idea that there was a gargantuan worm moving underground sinking cities. And poor Carmine. I guess this is a thing in every Gears, some poor Carmine family member gets annihilated.

I'm replaying Gears 2 on insane. Last act. Had a blast.

Finished Gears 2. It was pretty up and down. Sometimes the repetitive gameplay got very stale, but they did a really good job inserting different sections where you aren’t just running from one kill room to the next to shoot Locust. I gotta say, the game looked impressive on the SX. I was surprised at how destructible everything was, too.

Story seems dumb. Where does humanity live after they sink their last city? And did the Locust not realize that if they sunk a city surrounded by ocean, the water would drown them? Or did the Queen just not care?

About to start 3 now.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Finished Gears 2. It was pretty up and down. Sometimes the repetitive gameplay got very stale, but they did a really good job inserting different sections where you aren’t just running from one kill room to the next to shoot Locust. I gotta say, the game looked impressive on the SX. I was surprised at how destructible everything was, too.

Story seems dumb. Where does humanity live after they sink their last city? And did the Locust not realize that if they sunk a city surrounded by ocean, the water would drown them? Or did the Queen just not care?

About to start 3 now.

You're asking the tough questions!

d21lewis said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

About to start 3 now.

Well it becomes more clear with just playing the games, hard to say something without spoiling it...

konnichiwa said:
d21lewis said:

Well it becomes more clear with just playing the games, hard to say something without spoiling it...

No argument. Gears is one of, if not my absolute favorite series from the 7th gen. And it's even more fun with a friend or three. He'll get the full picture soon enough.

So the Locust are mutating into Lambent, and the Queen was ok with flooding the Locust Hive or whatever after evacuating as many as they could, because it would also flood and drown the Lambent? Is that correct? Do future games explain why the humans were ok with sinking their last city, or was it for the same reason, Jacinto was worth drowning all of their enemies?

Got through Act 1 of Gears 3. On the one hand I hate the Lambent enemies, they are the definition of bullet sponges. They take so much ammo to kill, it makes it very boring. But then just when I was ready to say fuck it and stop playing for awhile, Locust show back up. Cool new grenades.

The writing for the Cole/Baird/Sam squad is top notch, reminds me of Gears 1. I’m waiting for Sam or whatever Carmine this is to die horribly. The last couple chapters of Act 1 saved it, hope it continues to be good from hear.