By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To celebrate Xbox Series X, I am going to play through the entire GoW franchise for the first time, and in chronological order (Current Game: Gears 5)

I’m on Act 2 of the UE but I fear Cyberpunk will slow my Gears play through significantly.

Around the Network

I dont have time to play xbox everyday, usually a few times a week, thats why I have not updated. Right now I am in the Queen Hive (Gears 2) and Marcus' dad mentioned something about sinking the main city to flood out the Locust.

So here's my questions
#1 Marcus' Dad, when did we find out who he was? I know we went to the Fenix estate in GoW1 but I dont remember finding out much about his father, unless I missed it.
#2 is his dad a war hero or something? I know at the end of GoW1 he is in the chopper, but that was the first time I think I saw him. GoW1 unless it blew over my head, had little story. I didn't even know what the mission objectives were half the time until after we completed them.
#3 So without ruining any of the story for me. What exactly is going on? I know im on a mission to kill the Queen and that the Locust have a faction split with internal warfare. I also know that Gears of War 2 is a world wide war were as Gears of War 1 it was more confined to a city???

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:

I dont have time to play xbox everyday, usually a few times a week, thats why I have not updated. Right now I am in the Queen Hive (Gears 2) and Marcus' dad mentioned something about sinking the main city to flood out the Locust.

So here's my questions
#1 Marcus' Dad, when did we find out who he was? I know we went to the Fenix estate in GoW1 but I dont remember finding out much about his father, unless I missed it.
#2 is his dad a war hero or something? I know at the end of GoW1 he is in the chopper, but that was the first time I think I saw him. GoW1 unless it blew over my head, had little story. I didn't even know what the mission objectives were half the time until after we completed them.
#3 So without ruining any of the story for me. What exactly is going on? I know im on a mission to kill the Queen and that the Locust have a faction split with internal warfare. I also know that Gears of War 2 is a world wide war were as Gears of War 1 it was more confined to a city???

1. They leave a lot vague about Marcus's dad in the first but by the end of the third, all will be revealed. Same for the reason why Marcus was in prison when the first game begins.

2. See answer #1

3. The first game was global but only told the story of a few participants in a larger war. Your whole mission was to get a device into the heart of the locust tunnels so that you could map them. Unfortunately, the tunnels were so immense and expansive, they barely accomplished anything. The Cog even destroyed their own cities (with the Hammer of Dawn) in an attempt to stop the Locusts. By the end of the second game, there's only one city left that is safe for humans...

Twitter: @d21lewis

Finished Act 2 today. About halfway through Act 3 now.

I forgot about the Kryll section and the light. I just finished the cart section, which was a snooze fest. The part right before that where you have to walk on wooden planks super slowly was incredibly shitty.

Game still looks amazing sometimes. I really want to plow through these and experience Gears 5 and the Hivebusters DLC on the XSX.

Also, I hate how heavy everything sounds, but I am loving the banter and shit talking between the Gears as the game plays out.

Finished Gears UE. The content that was added from the PC version was actually pretty solid. RAAM fight was tough because my stupid ass teammate kept running out and dying. Will start Gears 2 tomorrow.

Around the Network

IM at the end of Gears 2 but got sidetracked playing kingdom hearts.....

我是广州人

Got to Act 3 of Gears 2 this morning. Gotta say, did not expect the shotgun suicide, or finding myself on the inside of a massive worm, severing arteries in three different hearts to kill it. Also seems bizarre that the humans could map out all these tunnels and have all this bad ass tech but had no idea that there was a gargantuan worm moving underground sinking cities. And poor Carmine. I guess this is a thing in every Gears, some poor Carmine family member gets annihilated.

I'm replaying Gears 2 on insane. Last act. Had a blast.

Finished Gears 2. It was pretty up and down. Sometimes the repetitive gameplay got very stale, but they did a really good job inserting different sections where you aren’t just running from one kill room to the next to shoot Locust. I gotta say, the game looked impressive on the SX. I was surprised at how destructible everything was, too.

Story seems dumb. Where does humanity live after they sink their last city? And did the Locust not realize that if they sunk a city surrounded by ocean, the water would drown them? Or did the Queen just not care?

About to start 3 now.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Finished Gears 2. It was pretty up and down. Sometimes the repetitive gameplay got very stale, but they did a really good job inserting different sections where you aren’t just running from one kill room to the next to shoot Locust. I gotta say, the game looked impressive on the SX. I was surprised at how destructible everything was, too.

Story seems dumb. Where does humanity live after they sink their last city? And did the Locust not realize that if they sunk a city surrounded by ocean, the water would drown them? Or did the Queen just not care?

About to start 3 now.

You're asking the tough questions!

Twitter: @d21lewis