By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry- DMC 5 PS5 Performance Analysis

Those frame-rate spikes are nuts. There really should have been a solid locked 60 mode.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Cannot say I'm particularly impressed. But that is to be expected. Developers need to learn hardware to get the most out of it. Ghost is a great example, stunning game.

Seems like this port was rushed

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Sounds like a pointless port

Yeah it looks like a rush job. Very curious to see how series S performs.

Around the Network

Well the good news:- reconstructed but still 4K in 120 FPS mode.Yikes, so u do actually have to got that HDMI 2.1 to get the full quality.- 2 sec loading.I think frameratecaps are only the matter of time. Actually DMC5SE on PS5 is above what I expected.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelv577 said:
Yeah it looks like a rush job. Very curious to see how series S performs.

In theory at least, it should perform somewhat above Xbox One X, since Capcom decided not to do ray tracing on Series S. It has a similarly powerful GPU to Xbox One X (lower flops, but better performance per flop due to a newer GPU architecture), with a much faster CPU and storage solution than XB1 X. But considering this seems rushed, it could end up performing below Xbox One X. 

Yeah, this explains why Series S has no RT since PS5 is already running poopy

I feel like these were some really bad decisions by the devs. DF actually said that if you have a 4k 120 TV there is no possible way for the game to produce a stable frame rate.The combinations of resolutions, fps and graphical fidelity are all off here. To make things worse no variable refresh rate from PS5.I'm sure it will get patched in but why on earth was that not prioritized? Especially on console hardware, which is going to be obsolete within a year or 2.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|