By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

S.Peelman said:

Supermario28 said:

41. a) Living together in peace, the inhabitants of an island are always full of joy thanks to a tree. But everything is taken away

b) The tree is stolen, and one inhabitant, of desired color, has to go through a 6 pages Storybook to get it back.

c) In this N64 game, Baby Bowser is the villain 

Isn't this Yoshi's Story?

Yes that's the one!

Around the Network

So, since I missed so much time, here's hints for several games at once:

#50: best PC exclusive beat'em up - and it's totally free now!

#49: The game that put the RTS genre in a fantasy setting on the map Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness Found out by The Liquid Laser

#48: One of the latest games for the Neo-Geo, but also one of the best - and certainly the best of it's series

#47: You can belly dance in this series, but in this game, unlike the others, you can't transform

#46: Summon Volcanoes or dig craters in this very innovative shooter/genre mix

#45: A really gory Wii game MadWorld Correct Answer by Peelman

#44: A 30 year old game similar to Metroid

#43: M-M-M-Monsterkill! Unreal Tournament 2004 Peelman found it out

#42: Based on a Cartoon series whose theme song will never leave your brain Duck Tales Correct Answer by Peelman

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 20 November 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:

#45: A really gory Wii game

#43: M-M-M-Monsterkill!

#42: Based on a Cartoon series whose theme song will never leave your brain

45: Madworld

44: Castlevania 4?

43: Unreal Tournament.. let's say 2003

42: DuckTales?

S.Peelman said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

#45: A really gory Wii game

#42: Based on a Cartoon series whose theme song will never leave your brain

45: correct!

44: nope

43: Almost! Soo close!

42: Woo Hoo! Yes!

Bofferbrauer2 said:
S.Peelman said:

45: correct!

44: nope

43: Almost! Soo close!

42: Woo Hoo! Yes!

2004 it is then.

And yeah DuckTales has a great theme song. The NES game has a great 8-bit rendition of it. Though maybe you'll include the remake.

Around the Network

The Last of Us 2 GOTY or Ghost of Tsushima

Ryotsu said:

We'll find out once mZuzek compiles the lists in the new year. But I can say that my highest ranking 2020 game is an indie.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Third hints on those that are left;

45: The cities in this game actually grow when you upgrade them. So cool, but sadly this graphical feature was removed again in newer games.

Hint 2: It's probably due to the fact that the big cities, especially the four huge ones, grow so much that they cover half a province on the campaign map when fully grown. In later games cities were represented by small model again like in previous games.

Hint 3: I talk mostly about the campaign map, because that's what I'm mostly playing. Besides campaign map play where you build your empire, there's also the real-time battles.

44: The biggest hype ever. GTA? Fortnite? Fall Guys? Minecraft? No.. this.

Hint 2: A few years ago, and I guess that's still somewhat going on, there was a resurgence of the stratospheric popularity of this franchise where players went out to do what you digitally do in this game in real life. In the between time the franchise's popularity didn't really go away, but it was never as huge as it was at the start. Pokémon Blue Version - Guessed by Mnementh

43: This latest game in the franchise was already huge, but now that the second and latest expansion was released, you now have five worlds full of islands to settle.

Hint 2: These five world maps cover most of the corners of the world; two in the 'old world' (Europe), one in the 'new world' (Latin America), one in the North Pole and one in Africa.

Hint 3: The premise remains the same as in older games though, colonise and trade between islands to grow your main island through a handful of citizen levels, and build a big multistage monument when you're able.

42: Literally just a palet swap of a famous RTS game. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds - Guessed by Ka-pi96

41: In the early 2000s the Quake 3 engine was the engine to build your game with. Plenty of games used it, especially first person shooter games. It's not yet time for a Star Wars game, but it is time for a game from another galactic franchise.

Hint 2: It follows a special forces team made to deal with the threats of an uncharted area of space, where the main ship was stranded in during the tv-show it's based on.

Hint 3: Several of the tv-show's characters appear in the game, some voiced by their on-screen actors. Enemies as well, notably species designated 8472.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

#50: best PC exclusive beat'em up - and it's totally free now!

#49: The game that put the RTS genre in a fantasy setting on the map

#48: One of the latest games for the Neo-Geo, but also one of the best - and certainly the best of it's series

#47: You can belly dance in this series, but in this game, unlike the others, you can't transform

#46: Summon Volcanoes or dig craters in this very innovative shooter/genre mix

#45: A really gory Wii game MadWorld Correct Answer by Peelman

#42: Based on a Cartoon series whose theme song will never leave your brain Duck Tales Correct Answer by Peelman

49. Warcraft?

44. Blaster Master?

Mnementh said:
Ryotsu said:

We'll find out once mZuzek compiles the lists in the new year. But I can say that my highest ranking 2020 game is an indie.

Same here... and you'll never guess which one it is... unless you look at my avatar that is.

Signature goes here!