By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Kipo and the age of wonderbeasts

Hey, I wanted to talk about this animated show, Kipo and the age of wonderbeasts. It is a postapocalyptic setting, in which humans live in bunkers (called burrows) under the earth, while the surface is ruled by mutants (called mutes in this show). Kipo is a girl from a burrow, that ends up on the surface and is facing all the dangers and wonders of this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25UHUbpFTtY&ab_channel=DreamWorksTVWorld

I think it is brilliant. The worldbuilding is creative, there is good music (and Kipo never can let a guitar be unplayed in the apocalypse), the story is engaging, the villain Scarlemaigne is kinda cool. It just works. What do you think?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Haven't seen it, but I do have a crush on Karen Fukuhara. May watch it eventually.

Mnementh said:

Hey, I wanted to talk about this animated show, Kipo and the age of wonderbeasts. It is a postapocalyptic setting, in which humans live in bunkers (called burrows) under the earth, while the surface is ruled by mutants (called mutes in this show). Kipo is a girl from a burrow, that ends up on the surface and is facing all the dangers and wonders of this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25UHUbpFTtY&ab_channel=DreamWorksTVWorld

I think it is brilliant. The worldbuilding is creative, there is good music (and Kipo never can let a guitar be unplayed in the apocalypse), the story is engaging, the villain Scarlemaigne is kinda cool. It just works. What do you think?

It's a fun show and it strikes a nice balance between the style of storytelling in Anime and American animation, in that there's a continuous overarching story but each episode also has its own self contained arc. It's not like, amazing, but it's pretty good.

TallSilhouette said:
Haven't seen it, but I do have a crush on Karen Fukuhara. May watch it eventually.

Never knew who did the voice, but she is very attractive.

TallSilhouette said:

Didn't know her, but she is the voice actor. And apparently done some good work before.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Just finished the show. Apparently there won't be a fourth season, which is fine. Not everything has to go on forever. Overall, an enjoyable experience.